Wednesday, February 15, 2017

My February Inspiration - Two Layouts to Share
By Di Garling

"A Wish Come True"

Hello there, thanks for dropping by the blog.
Today I have two layouts to share with you that I have created for a couple of classes
that I am teaching at the end of March down at Manor House Creations in Melbourne Australia.

Naturally I have used some of my favourite pieces of 2Crafty chipboard.

2Crafty Chipboard Used...
A Wish Come True - title
 Skeleton Leaves
Leafy Shrub Set #1
Circle Heart Frame







All of the chipboard pieces were simply given a coat of gesso to start,
followed by some "Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in Sassy Saphire".


It's a shame you can't see the lovely shimmer the chipboard has.




"Making Memories"

For my second layout I decided to go with some lovely dark colours.

2Crafty Chipboard Used...
Making Memories - title
Lacy Border Set #1
Steampunk Gears - Medium


This is one of the many titles 2 Crafty have. 
Again after a coat of gesso I simply painted it with some gold acrylic paint.




For both the cogs & the borders I coated them in gesso first, followed by some 
"Colour Blast Paste in Gold Bling" & while they were still wet I sprinkled 
them with some glitter. This effect is rather stunning in real life.
I used the same paste stencilled onto the background too.


Lots of layers.


Lots of beautiful flowers from 49 and Market.


Well that all from me today, I hope I have inspired you just a little.
Until next time
Di








9 comments:

mes10doigts said...

Di, your layouts are to die for! Wow! Congrats!!

mamaLeka (Olga Ryzhkova) said...

WOW! It's sooo beautiful, Di!

Tammy Klingner said...

Such beautiful layouts Di.....I love that blue!

ingrid said...

Both are sooo gorgeous! You always have the most beautiful and adorable photos! xx

Debbie said...

Gorgeous layouts! Love all of your special details!

kavitha said...

wow gorgeous layers n colors

MezzaNotte said...

Wow, so lovely layouts- so many beautiful details!

Lisa Amiet said...

Oh Di!! WOW these are both just so beautiful!!

Mary Catt said...

Gorgeous layouts with so many beautiful details! Love them Di!