Sunday, January 15, 2017

January Inspiration-Two Layouts to Share
By Di Garling

 "Cherished Moments"

Hello there 2Crafty fans & welcome to the blog.
Today I have my January creations to share with you, starting off with this layout.

2Crafty Chipboard Used...
Cherished Moments-title
6" Circle Revolution Frames
Fine Leafy Bush


I have started off by sticking mesh to my background & then applying a coat of gesso
over it before adding some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.

Next up I also gave all the chipboard pieces a coat of gesso.


For the "Title" & the "Circle Revolution Frame" & then simply brushed on 
a couple of coats of Lindy's "Caribbean Blue" spray.


For the "Fine Leafy Bush" I brushed on a couple of coats of  
Lindy's "Hottie Pattotie Pink" spray.


When all the chippie pieces were dry I then added a little bit of Stickles glitter glue 
for a touch of added sparkle, plus this seems to intensify the colours too.


To finish off with I then added some "Shaved Ice Mica Flakes" to the background to create
 the effect of the sun glistening on the water, although it is hard to see that in a photo.



"Just Me" CANVAS

I created this CANVAS as part of a class I taught recently
at a retreat in New Zealand, although I have changed a few things,
I am always looking to improve things!!


 2Crafty Chipboard Used...
Just Me-title
Dandelions
Butterfly Frames

I stencilled a brick pattern on my background with a brick stencil & texture paste.
Then I applied a coat of gesso to all the chippie pieces.


 The background was coloured up with "Corney Flower Blue" Shimmerz Inklings
& all the chippie pieces were given a coat of "I'm Not Limon" Shimmerz Inklingz.

I just love these chippie "Dandelions" hanging down from the flowers.

 Here you can see I have tucked one of the "Butterfly Frames" in behind the photo.

That is pretty much it. This was such a super simple CANVAS but I
think it looks great. Just goes to show it doesn't have to be complicated
to be effective.

Until next time.




13 comments:

Lisa Amiet said...

These are both so gorgeous!

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Gorgeous....

mes10doigts said...

Beautiful and feminine layouts Di! I love them both!

ingrid said...

Both beautifully done!

Torsa Saha said...

Beautiful!!

Rachael Funnell said...

your layout & Canvas are Beautiful Di... 💕

Debbie said...

Beautiful! Love the colors choices and details!

kavitha said...

So gorgeous both of them

Tammy Klingner said...

Di I just love the colours that you've used in both layouts, perfect!!

Sandra Bernard said...

This is amazing! Lovely layouts

Mary Catt said...

Gorgeous projects, Di! Loved them!

Lilibleu Scrap said...

Stunning projects, both of them!!

MezzaNotte said...

Adorable projects!! so great color combinations!