Thursday, October 27, 2016

October Inspiration by Kavitha

Hello everyone,
Kavitha here today to share my October projects. 

"Life is wonderful"

First I have a layout to share with autumn colors.

I used "Frame Jenna"  behind my photo. I love the delicate feel it gives.
It has been coated with a layer of dark brown silk acrylic glaze.


For the title "Life is wonderful" I dabbed some white gesso first 
and used black and creme sprays to get the chalky finish


I cut the border design "Ellas Border" into two pieces and 
tucked them on top and bottom of my arrangement.
I dabbed some gesso first and then sprayed a few layers
of creme and orange shades .


2crafty chipboard used:
Ella's border
Frame jenna
Life is wonderful





"Altered Box"

For my second project I have an off the page project.
Its a Tim Holtz configuration box done in shabby chic style.
 I cut the Tahnyas Border design into half and used it as the base for my flower cluster.
Since I have used lighter colors I left the chippie in a natural color 
to give some contrast.

I used a Helena's Corner design inside of the box. I just dabbed some
prima chalkboard paint-egg shell with sponge


The title forever from "mini words" is also coated with chalk board paint.


2Crafty chipboard used:
Corner Helena's
Mini word set 2
Tahnya's  11"Border





Thank you for stopping by.



9 comments:

Rachael Funnell said...

Two BEAUTIFUL projects Kavitha... :)

Di Garling said...

Love both these wonderful projects and the way you have used the various chippie pieces too. Great first post. 😄👏😘

Lisa Griffith said...

Gorgeous! I really love the shabby box, so very pretty!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Such beautiful textures in your work, Kavitha! Gorgeous projects!

Snowflakes and Lilies said...

Absolutely beautiful. Gilded Lily is one of my absolute favourite from G45 and I just don't have the heart to cut into the papers coz they're so beautiful. Love your project.
- Khushboo Gandhi

Valerie Ouellet said...

wow!!! Very very very awesome!

Priscilla Lim said...

Love the layout. So much details.

Lilibleu Scrap said...

Wow !! Two amazing projects !!

Mary Catt said...

Awesome! They are so beautiful both of them!