Wednesday, June 15, 2016

June Inspiration - Two Layouts To Share
By Di Garling

  "Together"
 
Hi there bloggers. Thanks for calling by.
Today I have two layouts to share with you.
 
But before we start...
Please remember while your here be sure you have
become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.

The first one is a pic of myself & my two beautiful Grandbabies. I don't think 
either of them was real sure about what was going on !!! I have printed my
photo out in sepia so I could use these beautiful brown tones on my layout.
 
 2Crafty Chipboard Used
Festive Vine
6" Messy Square Frames
Together - title

  I created a mixed media background, but first I coated this denim look paper in some
clear gesso to protect it. I got out just about everything I owned in these bronze tones
& just kept adding, some of this & some of that !!!

All the chipboard was treated in the exact same way.
A coat of white gesso & then some distress ink & a
brush over with some water to give a blended shabby look.

I love this "Together" title. Just perfect.
 
 Here you can see the "Messy Frames" around my photo. I have only used
the middle sized one & I have saved the others for later.

 Here you can see where I have cut the "Festive Vines" into several pieces
& I have simply poked the pieces in here & there amongst the flowers.

Don't you just love that big brass fly!!!! I do. :)
 
  Lots of string, corrugated, bronze mica flakes, bronze crushed glass, if
it was the right colour, I added it. I really enjoyed creating this layout.
 
 
 
"Moments"
 
For my second layout todayI have gone with a Gelato coloured background.

 
2Crafty Chipboard Used
Cherish the Moments - title (cut up)\
French Lace Border
Groovy Flowers
6" Skeleton Clock Frames
Bamboo Palms (I just used the leaves)

  First up I gave all the chipboard a light coat of gesso, this acts as a base coat.
Then I coloured the "French Lace Border" with my Gelatos & used it
vertically on my page.


I wanted a small title so I used the "Cherish the Moments" title, but I have 
cut the word moments off & just used it seperately on its own. I wanted 
to have my word just sitting on top of the flowers & I left it plain white.


In the photo below you can see I have simply inked the small "Skeleton Clock Frame" with
a black ink pad to make it stand out. I have sprinkled a few "Groovy Flowers" around the
 page. These were also coloured with Gelatos too.


  Lastly I have used some leaves that I had cut off the "Bamboo Palm". I heat embossed
these & then wiped a little gold/green ink over for effect.
Hey presto, all done.
 
 
  Well thats all from me today, I hope I have inspired you in some small way.
 
If you would like to visit my blog. Click here.
http://discreativespace.blogspot.com.au/ 
 
Until next time.
 
 

 
 
Photobucket

13 comments:

Kris Berc said...

Fabulous works of art, as always, Di!

Brenda said...

Gorgeous pages Di! Both very different but so very beautiful! Also love the photo on the first layout, with your grandkids&you, so sweet!

Valerie Ouellet said...

Wow I love your works! Beautiful colors on the second layout!

Tracee said...

Such gorgeous details on your pages Tx

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Simply stunning layouts Di! Love them :)

Lisa Griffith said...

Both absolutely gorgeous Di! But the first one is just breath-taking! LOVE the colors and that denim paper! Super Super beautiful :)

Priscilla Lim said...

Strikingly beautiful! Especially love the first one.

Kathy Gnj said...

Fantastic layouts Di! I am absolutely in love with the first one with the photos of you and your grandchildren! Every element on that page is gorgeous!

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Beautiful layouts...loving all the chipboard.

Tania Ridgwell said...

Always such stunning pages with gorgeous designs :)

Monica said...

both are precious and unique

Catherine Giguère said...

Beautiful projects Di! I love the designs and the colours are gorgeous!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Amazing layouts Di!
Love the colors and background on the first one!