Sunday, May 15, 2016

May Inspiration - Two Layouts To Share
By Di Garling


"My Everything"

Hi there 2Crafty fans, thanks for stopping by the blog. Today I have two layouts to share with you.

  But before we start....
Please remember while you are here  to become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.
 
My first layout features my God daughter when she was pregnant.
To start off I did a watercolour background.



2Crafty Chipboard Used
My Everything - title
Fine Leafy Bush
Chicken Wire Panel
Tiny Leaf Stems


Next up I gave the title a light coat of gesso followed by a some Shimmerz 
"Chocolate Diamondz". I also treated some "Tiny Leaf Stems" in the same
 way & popped a few of those around my layout too.


I cut the "chicken wire panel" into pieces & tucked a few in around my layout
& I just left these in their raw state. I wanted it to match the kraft colour flowers.


Lots of layers, stamping & a flair button.


Next came the "Fine Leafy Bush", which I treated the same as the title. Then I cut
it into several pieces & just popped them in here & there around the layout.



"Today & Everyday"

For my second layout I have gone with a very pastel mixed media 
background background & lots of fussy cutting.


2Crafty Chipboard Used...
Corner Swirly Heart Set
Leafy Shrub Set #3
Today & Everyday title


All of my chipboard pices on this layout were treated in the same way.
First a coat of gesso as a base coat, followed by a coat of purple metallic
acrylic paint & then I brushed them over with a little copper mica powder
which I watered down to make it light.

Love this title.


I absolutely adore this "Corner Swirly Heart". They come with
two in a pack but as you can see I have only used the one here.


It really is so delicate & makes the perfect embellishment to draw the eye to the photo.



Next I have poked pieces of the "Leafy Shrub Set #3" here & there amongst the flowers.


Well thats all from me today. I hope you like my layouts & that I have
inspired you just a little. If you do, please be sure to leave a comment.

Until next time.



 
Photobucket

18 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Glorious pages, as always, Di! Love your layering and tearing and backgrounds!

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Both of them are beautiful..first one is full of brightness and loved the pastel colors on second one.wonderful use of chipboards .

Kathy Gnj said...

Breathtaking Di! Your creativity is always so inspiring!

Tracee said...

Stunning pages, so many beautiful details Tx

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Gorgeous pages....love the chipboard work.

Trudi Harrison said...

**swooning** Absolutely glorious Di!!

Tania Ridgwell said...

Absolutely stunning pages Di, just adore your design and the colours you have used :)

Catherine Giguère said...

Gorgeous layouts Di! I love the colors and the design!

Rachael Funnell said...

2 GORGEOUS layouts Di....

Kris Berc said...

Absolutely gorgeous layouts, Di, as always!

Monica said...

These are gorgeous wow! Both colors are awesome.

Vija Anton said...

As always, beautiful and inspiring! I love your work!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

So beautiful layouts Di! Love the yellow one!

Priscilla Lim said...

They are both sensational!

Lisa Griffith said...

My goodness Di, these pages are beyond beautiful! the bright sunny yellow layout is superb!!!

Valerie Ouellet said...

Oh wow it's spectacular!

ros said...

beautiful layouts

Sandra Brimelow said...

Wow, such stunning layouts, especially the yellow one