Saturday, April 23, 2016

'This is My Story' by Lisa Griffith

Hello 2 Crafty friends! I have a couple of layouts and an art journal page
to share with you this month.
 
But before we start....
Please remember to become a blog follower & leave a comment to
be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.
The more comments you leave, the more chances to win. 

'This is My Story'

I took this selfie after a girlfriend of mine gave me these sparkly earrings for my birthday
 one year, and even though I've scrapped this photo before, I came across it in my photo
 box and right away I thought about how the diamond shaped earrings looked just like
 some pieces of 2 Crafty Chipboard I had, and my idea was born.

2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used:
'This is My Story'
'Element Set 1'
'Element Set 2'
'Film Strip Medium'


As I wanted the chipboards to mimic my earrings, I first covered them
 with a coat of white gesso, and then embossed them in silver.


I painted the 'Film Strip' I used in the background with black acrylic paint.





I also created a page in my new art journal using some pretty inks and 
of course some beautiful 2 Crafty pieces.

'Today'

Chipboard is so perfect to use in art journaling! You can add so much
 structure and interest to a page, and best of all, not a lot of bulk. 

2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used:
'Film Strip'
'Marianne's Butterflies'
'ATC  Tiny Stars'
'Word Circles Set 1'


I wanted the chipboard pieces to really stand out so I painted them (messily)
with black ink, and touched the butterfly and the ATC star
with a little bit of pink Prima paint.




Lastly, I'd like to share with you a layout I designed for a 
Guest Design spot over on the blog 'Scrap Africa' blog.

'Dream'

For this layout I altered the chipboards by painting them with white gesso 
and then brushing them with gold paint for a textured, worn look.

2 Crafty Chipboard used:
'Ornate Screen'
'Leafy Shrub Set 1'



See you next month!

 


Photobucket

15 comments:

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Such stunning pages! Love your work Lisa!

Joyce Kers said...

Did anyone else besides me gasp out loud when they viewed the art journal page? :) Wow, the composition, design skills and colors are phenomenal. What a feast for our eyes. Just stunning art Lisa.

Marianne/skorpionen said...

So stunning work!! I though I loved the first one most, until I saw the second one! Totally in love!! Adore your work!

Di Garling said...

Absolutely FABULOUS post Lisa and as always, such creative use of all the chippies too. LOVE them all.

Chrissi said...

Yes totally! That art journal page is phenomenal!! Just stunning!

Mandy: Less is Bore! said...

Love all of them! Would love to learn your magic ♡

Mandy: Less is Bore! said...

Love them all. Would love to learn your magic♡

Valerie Ouellet said...

Wow sooooo beautiful!

Laura said...

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

Tania Ridgwell said...

Such stunning pieces, especially the black one :)

Debbi Tehrani said...

Absolutely beautiful work! Just love the depth and interest in your pages!

Fiona Paltridge said...

I can just stare at your work for hours Lisa! LOVE!

ros said...

amazing pieces! ♥

Priscilla Lim said...

Wow I love all the embellishments. Gorgeous projects.

Catherine Giguère said...

Those layouts are all stunners!!! I love your style, I'm such a fan!