Friday, February 12, 2016

February Inspiration
Two Layouts to Share
By Di Garling


"Sweet"
Hi there 2Crafty fans. Thanks for stopping by the blog.
Today I have two layouts to share with you.

But before we start...
Please remember to become a blog follower & leave a comment to

be eligible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.
The more comments you leave the more chances to win.


For my first layout today I thought I would do some bright colours
& when you want brights, what better to use than Dylusion sprays.


2Crafty Chipboard Used...
Friendship Mini Word Pack
Mini Flourish Pack
Lattice Leaf Set
Ariels Spray
Frame - Jenna


I have created some texture on the background with stencils, texture paste & Dylusions.
I have also co ordinated all the chippies with the background too.


In this pic you can see the beautiful "Ariels Spray" at the right of my photo.
It's a real statement piece!!!


Here is the "Frame - Jenna" which I cut into pieces & layered 
behind my photo.


This "Jenna Frame" is so beautiful & fine & just perfect for drawing the eye to my photo.


In the pic above you can see where I have used a piece from the "Mini Flourish Bits Set".


I have added some leaves from the "Lattice Leaf Set" which I simply coloured
with a black ink pad. Too easy. 


"Caught In The Act"

 For my second layout today I thought I would do a boy layout
because it has been a while since I have done one !!! I have based it on
the current challenge over at "Words & Paintery" 


2Crafty Chipboard Used
Caught in the Act - title
Chain Lengths
Fencing Wire Panel
Giant Cogs & Gears




I painted the title part red & part black using acrylic paint & when
dry I added some Glossy Accents in a "hit & miss" fashion to the red.
Gee I haven't used this stuff in ages !! It just worked for this though.


For all the other chipboard I just colored them black using an ink pad & then
wiped on a little copper "Viva Inka Paste". It gives a real metal finish.


Lots of background mixed media, some stamping & some licorice coloured 
micro beads, all of which adds to the texture. I have also layered some scraps
of denim & hessian in between the papers & chipboard.


Well thats all from me today.
See you back here again next month.
Until then

My BLOG : http://discreativespace.blogspot.com.au/
 
 
 



Photobucket

13 comments:

Shari Czerwinski said...

Gorgeous, bright colors on the first layout, and I adore the rustic charm of the second one.

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Fabulous layouts..love them both.

Pawsitively Creative said...

Oh my goodness! Both LO are stunning but the first with the vibrant colors-swoon! And those lattice leaf chippies-amazing! Wonderful rustic goodness I can just eat it up! Awesome sauce! ~Niki

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Amazing layouts Di!

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Wow So Beautifully layouts !! Loved the bright n pretty colors :)

madhvi shah said...

Love the way you arranged the chippies

madhvi shah said...

Love the way you arranged the chippies

Valerie Ouellet said...

Fantastic layouts ! I love the color of the first one.

Valerie Ouellet said...

Fantastic layouts ! I love the color of the first one.

Debbi Tehrani said...

Your work is so beautiful, Di! So awesome that you can do both boy and girl pages so perfectly!

Kathy Gnj said...

I'm always in awe of your creativity! Your first layout is so bright and cheerful. You are so gifted at placement and design. Your boy layout is wonderful! Love the addition of the pieces of denim - everything about this says "rough and tumble boy". Thank you for the incredible inspiration.

Tania Ridgwell said...

Fabulous layouts, just love your pages and awesome backgrounds you create :)

Fiona Paltridge said...

Di the colors of that first LO are AMAZEBALLS but that second one ...... wow!! I really love it!