Thursday, October 15, 2015

Two Layouts To Share
By Di Garling

" Adore & Cherish"
  Hi there 2 Crafty fans. Thanks for calling by the blog.
Today I have two layouts to share with you using the wonderful
2Crafty chipboard shown below.
Today I have chosen to do a monochromatic colour scheme.
 
 
 2Crafty Chipboard Used..
Celia's Flourish Frame
Leafy Shrub Set #2
Mini Words #2
 
 I have based this layout on the current
 BAP sketch over on the Prima blog.
 

 Here you can see I have used a couple of pieces of the "Leafy Shrub Set #2".
This set is definitely one of my go to pieces.

All of the chippies I have used on this layout were firstly coated with gesso.
Then on this piece I coloured it by adding layers of sprays & mica powders
until I got the colour I was after. Then I brushed a little more gesso on for highlights.


I have used both the words "Cherish" & Adore". for my title.
Both of these pieces are from the "Mini Words Set #2".


Both the words & this gorgeous "Celias Flourish Frame" were just simply
 given a lick of white acrylic paint. Too easy.
I think the stark white makes a nice contrast to the monochromatic
colours of the mixed media background.
 
 
 
 
" Live Your Adventure"

For my second layout today I have gone with an earthy 
colour palette using the chippie pieces shown below.

2Crafty Chipboard Used..
Live Your Adventure-Title
Harlequin Clumps
Brick Panel
Bird Set


I started out with this awesome NEW title to the 2Crafty range.
I simply coloured it with some Distress Ink & clear embossing powder & 
heat embossed it & then I brushed on a little Shimmerz Inklings in a hit & miss 
fashion to add a kind of rustic metallic look over the top.


I cut the  "Brick Wall" panel into pieces & I heat embossed
using Lindy's Stamp Gang copper embossing powder.
Then I brushed over some Shimmerz
"Blue My Mind" Inklings.


I did exactly the same to the "Harlequin Clumps".
The two things combined gives a great patina effect. 


Lastly the birds were coated with gesso, then using my finger I blobbed on some
texture paste, dried that off with a heat gun so that it would bubble up like this,
& then I finished off with a wipe over of Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy.


Well thats all from me today.
I will see you back here again next month &
remember to become a blog follower & leave a blog comment to
be elegible to go in our monthly draw for a great chippie prize pack.
 
To Visit My Blog click HERE
 
 

 
Photobucket

18 comments:

Bonnie said...

Adorable LOs!! I love the way you color your chippies. TFS, Bonnie S :-)

Lisa Griffith said...

Di, these are just beyond gorgeous...the purple one just floats like a dream, love the soft swirls of color and the second one is beautiful, love the brick pattern...divine :)

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! 2 ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS pages Di....

Karen.C said...

Just so beautiful :)

ros said...

AMAZING Di, AMAZING!! ♥

Valerie Ouellet said...

So pretty Di! The first is m'y favorite

Valerie Ouellet said...

So pretty Di! The first is m'y favorite

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Your work is always lovely Di..enhanced with the lovely chipboard

Trudi Harrison said...

Gosh these are just stunning Di!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Absolutely gorgeous pages, Di. That top one is just magical!

Priscilla Lim said...

Stunning! Always love your projects Di :)

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Stunning Di! Love the last one!

Kathy Gnj said...

WOW - both of these pages are Stunning! I love seeing all of your creativity.

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Your work is super gorgeous as always Di! Gorgeous creations!

Jennifer Snyder said...

alwasy a joy to look at - you make scrapping a jaw dropping experience each day

Fiona Paltridge said...

Always so striking Di!!! Love love love them xx

Kerry said...

Totally amazing LO's but I have to say how gorgeous the photo with the tutu is.

Tone K. said...

Oh, oh, oh.....what can I say...it's just a joy to watch your LO`s :)
I wish I had your capabilities :)