Friday, August 14, 2015

Time to Celebrate! Cards with Robin

"Happy Birthday"


Hello everyone!  I am here today with a fun card trio share with you.  
This month I am celebrating the fun events in life.  
 My first card shows just how effortlessly the clean
 finishes on the chipboard blends with the intricate design of the
 fussy cut papers and 3-D flowers.


I added a playful piece of circle chipboard to serve as a hoop for my little clown. 
 I used a circle from the "6" Circle Revolution" pieces which I covered with gesso
 and white paint.  I left the circle clean and white which goes well with
 the busy design elements which dance around the piece.


I used "Birthday Sentiments" to create my card title.  The title is a faint green
 color which was achieved by adding white paint to green paint.

2Crafty products used:

Birthday Sentiments

6" Circle Revolution Frames

Leafy Shrub Set 1



"Celebrate"


I will be attending quite a few weddings this year and what better gift to give
 than a handmade card.
  This particular bride is very sentimental, traditional and loves images from the past. 
 I thought I would create a card with her in mind. 
 I thought it would be beautiful for the  lady to sit on top of the chipboard while 
her skirt cascades over the pieces.  I added just a few flowers as I wanted
 my chipboard combination to take center stage.



First, I primed each piece of chipboard using white Gesso. Once dry, I painted the chipboard ivory then applied glossy accents to give the chipboard pieces a shiny, 
smooth appearance.


 I added liquid pearls and fussy cut flowers to finish my design.

2Crafty products used:


Doilies

Cassie's Flourishes

6" Circle Revolution



"Let's Party!"


My final card is definitely a favorite.  I love using I used "Chicken Barbed Wire -Small" 
 chipboad as my part of my card base. 


I primed the chicken wire using white gesso. Once dry, I applied a green shimmer spray.


I painted my leaf using two shades of green to create a shading effect.
  I intertwined the paper leaves with the chipboard for added texture. 
 To finish my design added a butterfly from  "Sharon's Butterflies" which 
was painted white then lightly inked.

2Crafty products used for this card:

Sharon's Butterflies

Chicken Barbed Wire Small

Leafy Shrub Set 2


 You can find 2Crafty's Facebook page by clicking here.  
 Consider "Liking" us if you don't already follow 2 Crafty.




It has been a pleasure sharing my August projects with you today.


Photobucket

16 comments:

Di Garling said...

Such beautiful cards. Love the way you have used all the various chippie pieces too. Very innovative.

Reusing Cards & Quilling said...

Gorgeous cards.

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Beautiful cards and chipboard as well

Debbi Tehrani said...

You make the most beautiful cards, Robin! I love each and every one!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

Amazing cards! Really beautiful!

Trudi Harrison said...

Each and every one are a Stunner!! Love how you have worked the chippie elements and your layering and details are just beautiful

Jaya Raghuvanshi said...

Wow! These cards are so gorgeous and elegant! Totally love them.

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

These cards are beautiful! I love all the chippies on them, so gorgeous!

Lisa Griffith said...

Gorgeous cards Robin! So elegant and really pretty I love the orange and green together, so fresh and pretty :)

Katie said...

Amazing cards!

Fiona Paltridge said...

WOW! Gorgeous cards xx

Athanasia said...

I love them both! So beautiful!!!

Stephanie Coulombe said...

Love the color set of orange and green, it is refreshing!

Jennifer Snyder said...

gosh those are gorgeous cards!

Isabelle N. said...

Green and orange ! Love love love !

Catherine Giguère said...

Love these cards!!!!