Saturday, August 8, 2015

August Inspiration Share By Beck BT

"Those Eyes That Smile"

Hi, it's Beck Beattie here with my August inspiration shares
I'm really having fun with my chipboard and can't wait to show you my latest creations!  
 
I really had fun using the chipboard in some different ways once again.

For my title I simply coloured using a Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Big Brush pen. 
 These have great coverage on chipboard and take no time at all.   


I added some metallic colour with various DecoArt Metallic lustres


To contrast against the gears I simply coloured the chevron pieces in black


I love the way the use of the chipboard in different ways 
really adds interest to the overall look.  
 
   2Crafty Chipboards Used:
  Giant Gears 
Mini Sampler Pack 1
 Those Eyes That Smile - Title
  


 


"Caution Cute kids at Play"

For my second layout, I once again had fun with the chipboard in some different ways.
I love how the chipboard pieces create a beautiful feature to this page.

I really wanted a brighter colour for my title than if I simply coloured it directly.  
To bring out the blue colour more, I first applied a coat of gesso, and then
 used my blue marker to colour it.  This is the chipboard piece half coloured
 so that you can see the process.


I also added some silver metallic rub over the top for some added interest.


I coloured the 2015 in black to contrast against the mixed
 media background simply with a marker.


I just adore the square collage panel and I used it to stencil the pattern into the
 background of my page with texture paste.  I also added some metallic rub
 and white embossing powder to accent it further.


2Crafty Chipboards Used:
  Caution Cute kids at play
Bag of 2015
Square collage panel



 

I hope you enjoyed my first share this month on the 2Crafty blog!

Happy Crafting
xxx Beck BT
 
Photobucket

22 comments:

Robin Shakoor said...

Phenomenal! I love the level of detail you add to your designs. Just beautiful!

Trudi Harrison said...

Amazing Beck!The colour, design and details are glorious

Deb McCleary said...

Awesome layouts Beck! I love the texture paste through the chipboard, adding another dimension to an already-amazing layout, and showing further uses for these amazing 2Crafty chippies! Your talent is amazing!
D.xx

Di Garling said...

Love love love them both. FANTASTIC use of all the chippie pieces too Beck.

natalie dyer said...

Love it...so makes me want to get back into scrapbooking

Rosslyn Coutts said...

Great to see ideas for different ways to use chipboard.

natalie dyer said...

love it...need to get me some chipboard

Isabelle N. said...

Love the color combo

Priscilla Lim said...

Love both layouts! The colors are just gorgeous!

Marianne/skorpionen said...

So beautiful layouts! Love!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Gorgeous pages, Beck! Just love the textures on the chipboard!

Lisa Griffith said...

I really love the gears and how they look like metal, very cool pages :)

Valerie Ouellet said...

Beautiful pages! I love your style!

Bridget said...

Wow, great layouts!

Linn said...

So vibrant and gorgeous layouts! The details are also just amazing!

Linn said...

Also the way you use color contrasts is truly inspiring!

Jennifer Snyder said...

beautiful pages but the second one really draws me in with those watercolor like effects..love how you did the gears

Tracee said...

Gorgeous pages, love them both Tx

Monique Lelievre said...

I love very much your créations ! Beautiful !

Fiona Paltridge said...

Fantastic!! I really like what you did with those cogs and the way you used the chippy panel as a stencil!!!

Katie said...

Wonderful pages, love the different looks you have on your chipboard.

Catherine Giguère said...

Gorgeous layouts!!!!