Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Beck Beattie's First Share on the 2Crafty blog


"My Happy Place"
Hi, it's Beck Beattie here 
with my first 2Crafty Chipboard share. 
I'm so excited to have this opportunity to share my projects using 
the most divine chipboard designs in the industry!  
 
I really had fun using the chipboard in some different ways, 
but the most fun would have been stamping with the chipboard to create
 more interest and depth to my page and I'm even going to show you how!  
   
I simply created some grey watercolour on my mat, dipped 'Circle lace panel' into it.
 and then stamped into the background of my page.


And here is the finished effect.


I decided to leave the "tiny film strips" natural to contrast.


I thought a little gloss would look nice on the 'My Happy Place' title so I coloured it 
with black irRESISTibles, allowed it to dry and then adhered to my page.


 I added Tinby Designs Metallic melts to the 'Squiggly Hearts' with a base of
 light blue ink for this pretty effect on the hearts.


I love the way the use of the chipboard in different ways really adds interest to the overall look.  
 
   2Crafty Chipboards Used:
  Circle Lace Panel 
 My Happy Place word
 Squiggly Heart Cluster
Tiny Film strips   





For my second layout, I created a different look page, again having fun 
with the chipboard in some different ways

"This is YOU"


I love how the chipboard pieces create a beautiful feature to this page.

I coloured the 'Circle Revolution Frame' with black ink followed by
 Tinby Designs  Metallic melts in Patina.  I then also rubbed some 
metallic lustre in 'turquoise' for added interest.


The 'This is YOU' title is again coated in Tinby Designs Metallic Melts but with a 
base of blue ink.  See the different effect using the same colour embossing melts with
 different colour ink pad bases.  I also rubbed a little blue metallic lustre over the top.


I love the 'Dotty bits' and used them to stencil texture paste through onto the 
background as well as giving it a light spray of colour with some Lindy Stamp gang 
spray in Dark Chocolate Truffle.   I also added some colour to the top of the
 texture paste dots left behind with a paint brush using the same spray liquid. 


2Crafty Chipboards Used:
  6in circle revolution frames
 Dottybits
This is you



 

I hope you enjoyed my first share on the 2Crafty blog!

Happy Crafting
xxx Beck BT
 
Photobucket