Monday, April 20, 2015

A Canvas for April - By Margaret Mifsud


Hello everyone and welcome to the 2Crafty Chipboard Blog.  So nice of you to drop by.

I have something a little different to share with you this month.  Instead of my usual cards I have actually created a canvas this time.  I know I have done a couple of canvases before but they were very small, this one is a bit larger.  It measures 9" x 7". It's the first time I have attempted  one this size so I hope you will be kind.  LOL!!



I have created this to go on the wall in my new Craft Room (when we actually get it done)
and I wanted something with a vintage look.  I actually followed a tutorial by
 Gabrielle Pollacco for this and, although my canvas doesn't really look anything like
hers, I have used  pretty much the same techniques.


In this cluster I have used Foliage Set 1 and Leafy Rounds.  Added some flowers and some metal washers and beads.  All of the chippies were coated with gesso before I glued them down onto the canvas and then it was just a matter of spraying them with acrylic paints.  When everything was dry I randomly painted over different areas with gold Twinkling H2O's.


For the cluster at the bottom I used Flourish Adornment Set 5 and one piece from
 the Pretty Flowers.  I also added flowers, metal washers and beads to this cluster.


At the top left hand corner of the canvas I used part of the Decorative Rod Set 2.  I didn't
 need the whole piece so I simply cut off one end to use here.  The rest will be used
 on another project.  I have also added a tiny bird from the ATC Birdcage 1. 


A better look at the Foliage Set 1 ...





... and a look at some of the texture.


I so enjoyed creating this canvas and using these fabulous 2Crafty chippies made it so much
easier to decorate.  I also experimented a little with my photos.  I took a small leaf
out of Helen Tilbury's book and gave them a frame.  I kinda like it.

To take a look at all the fabulous chippies 2 Crafty have to offer  HERE is the link.
 There is such a wonderful choice of different designs that you are bound to find
exactly the shape and size you need for your project.

2Crafty products used

 Foliage Set 1

 Pretty Flowers

 Leafy Rounds

 Flourish Adornment Set 5

 Decorative Rod Set 2


ATC Birdcage 1


Thank you so much for visiting and

remember to find a 2Crafty stockist near you simply send an email to ... 
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au

Take care and God Bless.



Photobucket

6 comments:

Di Garling said...

This is absolutely STUNNING Margaret. So many great textures, and the way you have used all those different chippie pieces is incredible. LOOOOOOOVE this. TFS.

Fiona Paltridge said...

WOW!!! I love all the chippy pieces you've pulled together to create this! Amazing xx

Belle à cropper said...

This is a beautiful canvas Margaret! great work !

Nicole Doiron said...

WOW Margaret! This is sooo beautiful! A true work of art!!! I'd really like to see you do more canvases like this one!!!

Janice Nicholls said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Margaret.
So much amazing texture and detail....Love the colours and all the fabulous chippie you have used. x

Helen Tilbury said...

Thanks for the mention Marg! I think this canvas is honestly your best creation ever. It is really fantastic!!!