Friday, February 13, 2015

My February Inspiration
By Di Garling


"Two of A Kind"
 
Hi there friends, thanks for stopping by.
The 2Crafty design team girls are guests this month over at
C.S.I. (Color, Stories, Inspiration)
& I have based this layout on their Case File # 154.
 
 


  These are the gorgeous 2Crafty chipboard pieces I have used.
 



This chippie "Title-Two of a Kind" was just perfect for this photo & what
can I say about those "Cherries". I looove them.
Firstly I applied a little gesso  followed by some red acrylic paint.
When dry I very lightly wiped a little more gesso over it to take
away that solid colour look.


The "small film strip" at the top of the layout.
I have left it raw & just added a little gesso.



Adore these NEW "Messy Square Frames" that I have simply inked
in Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink & added a little gesso to finish off with.


The "Cherries" were sooo easy to paint & as the detail is engraved into the chipboard
so it was really easy paint on the details. I just used acrylic paints.


 I hope you have time to perhaps pop over to C.S.I.
and maybe try your hand at the case file too.
 
 
 
  "Sweet Girl"
 This month I was also" invited to be a "Guest Designer" over at the
NEW "Kraft Plus" challenge site.
2Crafty Chipboard are a major sponsor this month & so my team mate,
Fiona Paltridge & myself are also guest designing for them for February as well.
Sooo exciting. This is their very first challenge!!!

"Kraft Plus" February  Colour Board
 
 
 
 2Crafty Chipboard pieces I have used on my layout. 
 
 
 
Naturally I have used lots of 2Crafty Chipboard on my layout
including this title, "Sweet Girl" which I simply painted in
an orange acrylic paint.
 
 
I have used one of the new release products,
"Bubble Clumps".
How cool are they? I love them.
When I just want my chippie pieces black, I just wipe
them over with a black ink pad. It doesn't get any easier than that.
 
 
Another 2Crafty product I use often is this 
"Leafy Shrub Set #2"
Just perfect to tuck in here & there amongst your flowers.
Gave it a coat of gesso followed by a lick of distress ink.

 
  I have stencilled circles on my background to keep with my circle theme.
 
 
Lastly another new release product from 2 Crafty I have used, are these
"Dotty Bits" (below) which I have simply painted black using a black inkpad.
Too easy.  I wanted  to keep the whole circle theme happening.
.
 
 Well thats all  from me today, I will be back again tomorrow with more.
 
 
And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au
 
 

 
 
Photobucket

8 comments:

Janice Nicholls said...

Di your creations are always magnificent.
Your use of colour, design, background details, layers, photos and 2Crafty Chipboard are truly gorgeous and inspirational. Thanks for sharing. Love your work! xx

Debbi Tehrani said...

Swoon! Your pages are always absolutely magnificent, Di. I just adore how you use the 2Crafty chipboard, and your pages are so vibrant and full of life and beauty!

Stacey Young said...

Stunning creations Di!!! Love the use of the chippies and all the colours you use :)

Stéphanie Papin said...

there are so many beautiful details each time on your layouts, and the colors are always very colorful !

Margaret Mifsud said...

Fabulous take on the CSI Case File Di! Your pages are always so beautiful. Gorgeous rich colours and such brilliant designs. Loooveee your work!! ox

Melenia Agapides said...

Wow wow wow, Di, your creations stun me!!! Details and colours are simply amazing!!! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Helen Tilbury said...

Really stunning pages Di! And I love your idea with the collage of the pieces you've used!! Looks like learning Picasa has come in handy!!

Nicole Doiron said...

Two super beautiful layouts! Absolutely love the colours and all the lovely chipboard!