Monday, February 23, 2015

Marilyn's February Projects & Video Tutorial!

CANVAS


Hello everyone! Marilyn  here with you today to share some projects that
 I made with the fabulous 2Crafty Chipboards.

  My first project is a canvas. I've been coloring these beautiful Blooms girls 
 with Copics lately and this girl "Emily" inspired me to create a canvas
 using all these wonderful chippies. I made a video tutorial !!

I started creating a design  with the "1.5 inch Hexagon" that I covered with

 a coat of gesso and then I painted with Color Bloom-Cobalt color.



 I have applied, to the Giant Gears, Chain Lengths  and  Light Bulbs some 
embossing powder in Silver and Pewter colors to create a metal look and I love it!




I used the "Live it Up" title that I also embossed in Pewter.



"You Make Me Happy When Skies are Grey"


My second project is a layout that I used the Frame Handrawn  Heart to frame 
my photo, & to make it the focal point of my page. I embossed all my chippies
 with sugar & spice and gold embossing powder to create a vintage gold tone.
 I made this page with the Coffee Break collection by Prima.


I used a different techniques to the title  
"You Make me Happy Title"  
 to create different tones of color.



I gave the final touch to my page with The "Funky Heart Swirls"
  that I added to my flower clusters.




"Escape"


My third project is a tag that I made from two postcards
 from  "The Archivist" collection by Prima. I cut and painted the
 "Square Collage Panel"  with Black Chalkboard paint
 and the "escape" word from the "mini word set", too.




I love the "Mini Cameras" chippies and it goes perfectly with my tag
&  I simply just applied  distress ink in Vintage photo to it..

Here's my video tutorial...enjoy it!!



And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au


Photobucket

8 comments:

Janice Nicholls said...

Gorgeous pieces Marilyn.
I just watched your canvas video and it is fantastic....there is so much detail to it. Your layout is so beautiful with those gorgeous chippie pieces. The tag is stunning....Love all your pieces. Thanks for sharing and for the inspiration. xx

Di Garling said...

Love them all Marilyn & I am off to watch the video now. Great post.

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous creations Marilyn, love them all especially the canvas!! Going to take a look at your video now. ox

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful projects, Marilyn! Loving that layout and all the gorgeous details you've got on there!

Helen Tilbury said...

WOW! LOVE all these projects!! Amazing inspiration!!!

Belle à cropper said...

I love your projects !! they are amazing !

MARILYN said...

Thank you so much ladies!! xxxx

Nicole Doiron said...

Your style is so distinct Marilyn! Always such beautiful creations to look at each and every month! Especially love the canvas!