Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February Shares with Margaret Mifsud

 Hello everyone and welcome to the 2Crafty Blog!!  I hope you are having a wonderful day.
 
Margaret back with you again to share my projects for February.
As the 14th of this month is Valentine's Day I thought I would share some Valentine cards with you.
 
 'Be My Valentine'
 
2Crafty Chipboard used
 
 Element Set 3


  Ornate Heart Set

 
The papers used here are from Prima's Romance Novel A4 Paper Pad.

 
I cut one of the pieces from the Element Set in half and used them in opposite corners.  They were both coloured with red acrylic paint and then dabbed with some Glossy Accents.  I really love the intricate design on these chippies, they are so pretty and so versatile too.  You can leave them whole or cut them up to fit your project.  They are very robust.

 
The Ornate Heart was first covered randomly with some Coarse Texture Gel and was
 then also coloured with acrylic paint and covered in Glossy Accents.

 
I cut a little banner shape from the blank of  another chipboard piece, printed the greeting
 onto another piece of the Romance Novel papers and glued it to the banner.

 
When everything was dry, I dry brushed randomly around the card with gesso. 
 
 
 
'You Light up My Life'
 
2Crafty Chipboard used
 
 Light Bulbs

 6" Clock Frames
 
 

These papers are a mix of Kaisercraft and Prima.


I love that the 6" Clock Frames comes in a set of three and that they are all different sizes so they are suitable for all sorts of projects.  I cut the middle sized one into two pieces and placed
 them under the paper layers on opposite sides of the card.
I added some patches of crackle paint for texture and once again swiped the finished card with gesso.


The clock was coloured with VersaMagic Midnight Black and then and also with
VersaColor Scarlet.  I didn't cover it completely as I wanted it to look a bit old and worn.


These light bulbs are so cute! I am so pleased I was able to use it here and it was actually the inspiration for my greeting!  It was coloured in the same way as the clock and then I coated the filament with gesso.


Once again I used a piece of chipboard cut from the blank chippie  leftovers as a base for the greeting.  This was a tip I got from one of my Teamies Janice Nichols.  She advised to never
throw out the blanks as they can be used in all sorts of ways.  Thanks Janice, it worked a treat!!

 
 
 
My last card is another feminine one.
 
'Love'
 
2Crafty Chipboard used
 
 Hessian Patch Panel

Word Circles
 
 
 
I used a piece of watercolour paper and created the background on this card with some
 strips of paper and some texture paste through a stencil.  I then did some stamping
 and lightly sprayed it all with Fired Brick Distress Ink.
 

I had a small piece of the Hessian Patch Panel left over from another project and 
found it was just the right size for this card.  I coated it with white acrylic paint and
 then dabbed over that with Silver Distress Paint.  I really love this panel, it was 
the perfect base for my flower cluster.
 


The Word Circle was coloured in the same manner but this time, before it was dry,
 I also covered it in clear glitter.




 
These Word Circles are brilliant!!!  Small enough to use on cards but also a 
good size for Scrapbooking and off the page projects too.

  
Well, that's it from me for this month.
I hope you've enjoyed this post and found some inspiration here.  
 
2Crafty Chipboard has hundreds of designs so I know they would have the perfect size
 and shape to suit any project you are working on.
  
 
and remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you
simply email salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au
Thank you so much for visiting, and enjoy the rest of your day.
Take care and God Bless.
oxox
 
 
Photobucket