Thursday, January 22, 2015

Preparing For Valentine's Day - With Jennifer Snyder


Jennifer Snyder here today featuring a few of the new releases. 
 I am doing a little Valentine's Day preparation using some images from 
turn-of-the-century cards.   While the chipboard pieces have a Valentine theme
 on my page, they are perfect for projects all through the year.   Hearts are always fun to use. 


My pieces selected for this layout are 2Crafty :
"Leafy Twig Branches"
"Fancy Damask" 
"Beaded Heart Border"

Here is a photo of the  newly released, 2Crafty "Beaded Heart Border" in it's natural state. 
 I painted it bold red and then inked it lightly with vintage distress ink to give it a softer
 vintage appeal.  As a finishing touch, I rubbed some gold leaf wax rub on it for a gilded look.


2Crafty " Beaded Heart Border"


Next I used the 2Crafty "Fancy Damask", also a new release.
 I kept this more simple and painted it gold.  


2Crafty "Fancy Damask"


My last chipboard used was 2Crafty "Leafy Twig Branches".  These were painted with a few different colors in a sort of mottled fashion using yellow, brown and olive paints. 











Thanks so much for visiting.

And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au



Photobucket

7 comments:

Nicole Doiron said...

So lovely Jennifer! I hadn't seen those chippies before, and they look gorgeous!

Fiona Paltridge said...

Oh WOW Jennifer this is beautiful xx

Helen Tilbury said...

Lovely, lovely Jen! LOVE the colours, with all that gold...

Belle à cropper said...

This is gorgeous!!!! I love the red background and the colours you used for the chipboards !

Janice Nicholls said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Jennifer....your work is so inspirational. Love this! xx

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is fabulous Jennifer! Love those chippies and love the way you coloured them!! Gorgeous page!!! x

MARILYN said...

So Beautiful and romantic Jennifer!! xx