Sunday, December 28, 2014

My December Projects by Margaret Mifsud

Hello everyone, and welcome.  
So, Christmas has come and gone and I hope you all had a fabulous day and didn't suffer too much with the holiday hangover.  Now we can look forward to the New Year and, probably, an even worse hangover!!  LOL!!
It's my turn again to share some things I made using some fabulous pieces from 2Crafty.
First up is a very masculine card made for my oldest son's Birthday last month.  

2 Crafty Chipboard used
Hessian Patch Panel
World Globe & Ink Set


I only used the quill and ink bottle from the World Globe & Ink Set.  The ink bottle was coloured with Black Soot Distress Ink and then covered in Glossy Accents.  For the quill, I coloured the feather with VersaMagic Cloud White and added some light shading with VersaMagic  Midnight Black.  The spine was then coloured with  Distress Ink and coated with Glossy Accents.


The Hessian Patch Panel was cut into three pieces and was left mainly raw.  It was just lightly sponged with gesso as I didn't want too much colour on it.  The pieces were then layered in between the papers.  I really love how it looks, it just added the perfect accent to my card.





 
The next card is soft and feminine.
2Crafty Chipboard used
Birdcage 1
Card Word Circles - Sentiment


Both chipboard pieces were treated in the same manner.  Firstly coloured with VersaColor Umber and then coated with Glossy Accents.  One of the reasons I love working with this chipboard is, you don't have to go to great lengths to make it look fantastic.  You can either just leave it raw or use very simple techniques to add the colour you need.


These Card Word Circles are simply fabulous, they are the perfect size for any card and you get a selection of 6 different greetings in each pack.


The Birdcage comes in a pack of two and you get two little birds with it as well although I didn't use them here.  



Last but not least (my fave actually), is an AT Block.
2Crafty Chipboard used
ATC Hearts & Stars
Interlocking Grid Panel
Funky Heart Swirls
Summer Leaf Stems

The front with the Interlocking Grid Panel ...

... right side with 1 piece of the Summer Leaf Stems and 1 piece from the Funky Heart Swirls on the lid ...


... and the left side with another piece from the Summer Leaf Stems.


Both of the Summer Leaf Stems were coloured with Peeled Paint Distress Ink.  I also opened up the tips of the leaves by wetting them thoroughly and then gently separating the layers.  Once dry I coloured the inside with Pine Needles DI.  I  then sprinkled some clear glitter on the leaves for a bit of sparkle.




The Interlocking Grid Panel was heat embossed in silver and then I very gently bent it to fit around one corner of the Block.  Once it was glued down I added some micro beads to the section on the front.


Tucked in amongst the flowers are the small stars from the ATC Hearts and Stars.  I attached them to some wire so they would stand up and also added some micro beads to the front.


 The main stem of the Funky Heart Swirl was lightly coated in gesso and then sprinkled with glitter.   The little hearts were coloured with nail polish and, while they were still wet, I added some micro beads ...  


... and so, as this is my last post for 2014 ...


I would like to wish you all a very, very Happy New Year.  May you and yours enjoy peace and love and happiness every day of  the coming year.  
Thank you so much for visiting and I hope you have found a little inspiration here. 
 
and remember, to find a 2Crafty Chipboard stockist near you, simply send an e-mail to
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au
Take care and God Bless.
 
Photobucket