Monday, October 27, 2014

Helen's October Inspiration
{A cute pair of Canvases & a couple of Layouts!}



Hello 2Crafty fans!  HELEN here to share with you what I have been playing
 with this month :)


In a recent parcel I received my new stash was braced on either side with mounting board, 
which was so nice & thick I decided it would work perfectly to use as "canvases" - score!!


A while ago I bought some Greeting cards with profound printed sentiments 
on the covers.  I purchased them with future art projects in mind, so I cut 
this one into 2 pieces so I could make a pair of matching canvases.


On each canvas I used 3 pieces of 2 Crafty Chipboard - 

1 Berry Branch per canvas


1 "Ingrid's Frame" per canvas


1 "Polaroid" Frame per canvas


I painted all my chipboard pieces white with white acrylic paint & a sponge then
 sprinkled the Ingrid's Frames & the Berry Branches with chunky white glass glitter.  


On the Polaroid frames I sprinkled diagonally across them 
using gold, lilac & teal glitters {one at a time of course :)}


I clustered a selection of flowers in various sizes at opposite corners of 
the sentiment, adding gauze & glass beads for additional texture.  


Before adhering my chipboard I added a few loops of waxed 
white thread as well as a Prima lace doily to each piece.  


The blue glittered frame you see above is actually a very old Making Memories
sticker.  Above it you can see a peek of the randomly glittered Polaroid frame.


These canvases measure 6 x 8 inches each & are very cute!  
I can't wait to get them up onto my studio wall, side by side :)
 
 
"You Make Me Happy"

Next up is a layout I created using a photo of my younger son, Reilly. 
 I used a lot of 2Crafty Chipboard on this one, namely 'You Make Me Happy
 When Skies Are Grey' title, 2 packs of Summer Leaf Stems & a set of Dandelions :)





I began by sponging across my background with white tempura paint to mute it a bit. 
 This is a good trick to make your patterned papers a lot more usable as background sheets.


I started by sponge painting all my chipboard pieces with white acrylic paint
 then painting them randomly using Color Bloom Sprays, then sponging
 lightly with more white acrylic paint. 


I added some random stamping to my Summer Stems & adhered them 
overlapping one another for a lovely tactile look, adding in some hand-dyed 
gauze, some teeny roses & some gold glass beads. 


I use a fine nozzle glue {Tombo} to adhere my finer chipboard pieces & a glue-gun 
to adhere the more solid pieces but without a mixed media background any 
good paper glue should work well.


Chipboard works great with other embellishments too!  
I added some teeny roses, flairs & faceted gems to the leaves & dandelion flowers.


If you find your chipboard isn't standing out enough from your background 
then a touch of stamping & some white acrylic paint applied with a small
 kitchen sponge works well to 'lift' it.





Last up is a layout I did for Scrap Around The World last month.
 
"Celebrate Today"

I used the 'Celebrate Today' title that I gave an ombre effect too, using 
my Ingvild Bolme chalk inks.  

 
I hope you enjoyed taking a look at my latest 2Crafty creations & 
that I inspired you to get creating too!
 
 
And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au
 
 
Photobucket

10 comments:

Di Garling said...

Love the canvases Helen & you have done a brilliant job on the male layout too. Thanks for the technique tips. Awesome post. Cheers Di

Melenia Agapides said...

Stunning work, Helen!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!

Wilma Voermans said...

Great layouts and those canvases look so cute and colorfull!

Stacey Young said...

Wonderful creations Helen! The ombre effect is amazing :) Love the colours in the canvases too!

Nicole Doiron said...

What amazing work Helen, once again! I especially love your canvases - the colours are amazing and those quotes!!! I don't have any of those Prima mists yet, but I do believe that I won't have a choice but to get me some! :P

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gobsmacked!!! What a brilliant idea to split the quote onto two separate canvases ... fantastic and so beautifully done!! Loooove both the layouts! Gorgeous colour palettes and, again, beautifully done!! Your work is awesome!! ox

Belle à cropper said...

What an amazing work Helen !! Those canvases are so beautiful ! I love the colours ! Also two amazing layouts with such a great choice of pieces ! Gorgeous !

Debbi Tehrani said...

Beautiful stuff, Helen!

Janice Nicholls said...

Amazing creations and shares as always Helen. The canvases are just beautiful. Your layouts are both fabulous...great photos, colours, designs and chippie elements. xx

Fiona Paltridge said...

Oh WOW! these are amazing. So much to look at, so much inspiration xx