Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Helen Tilbury's July Post
An Inspirational Canvas,
a Set of 3 Cards & a Penguin Page!






Hello to you all today!  HELEN back with you  to share my July projects with y'all!


First I made a canvas for myself!  I needed something to take pride
 of place above my workspace {there is a little patch of wall above
 the blinds as my work area is in front of two lovely big windows}.  
Hence the reason why my canvas is a landscape orientation.  
The size is 10 inches high by 14 inches wide.  {approximately 25cm x 35cm).


I used the "Always Follow Your Dreams" title.  
The 2Crafty titles are beautifully balanced & in the very prettiest of fonts.  
They add the perfect touch to every project.  I always prime my chipboard with 
white acrylic paint {you could use gesso - acrylic paint is just cheaper for me!} then
 I painted it with an Adirondak Paint Dabber in Raspberry {a must-have Ranger
 colour} then sprayed over it with some pink mist to give it a sparkly touch.  


I used a card with an inspirational quote on it & around the card I used a giant 11" 
Florabella frame.  I painted it with white acrylic paint then sprinkled it with tiny
 glass beads while the paint was still wet.  I adore the sparkly look this gives.  
I used a plastic vintage doily as a stencil, together with some hard modeling 
paste, that I embossed with white gold embossing powder whilst still wet.
It has an awesome sheen to it in real life!


Around my sentiment & over my frame, in the top left & bottom right hand 
areas only, I clustered numerous flowers & tucked various pieces of 2Crafty 
chipboard leaf designs underneath them, together with some glass pebbles
 from the home decor store & some misted up gauze from the pharmacy!


I used the leafy silhouettes {see far left} which I LOVE because they are just the 
outline of the leaves only.  I also used some leafy twig branches, some Summer
 leaf stems & some Tiny leaf stems.  I also used the Tree with Sparrows, just a 
section of it together with 2 of the sweet little birds, as well as 3 shrubs from a 
couple of Shrub Sets.  I painted up my leaves using some green mica paint for
 shimmer, then on some of them I added some green art glitter whilst still wet. 
 I have a leaf green & a lime shade.  I also used Gold so there are several 
co-ordinating goldy green colours going on & it looks nice & dimensional!


Next up I decided to make a trio of cards. 
 Very unusual for me as I don't choose cards usually but I've decided I need to
 become more versatile as a crafter & create more ''other" projects aside from
layouts {for example art journal pages, canvases, cards, etc!}


For my first card {below} I used the Leafy Twig Branches which I painted green 
then embossed with a two-tone white/green embossing powder.  If you are a 
lover of chipboard & altering it then embossing powders are a must.  They're
 a little expensive so I suggest buying them slowly to build up your stocks.  


I also used part of "Tree with Sparrows" in my bottom cluster.  2Crafty has SO MANY 
beautiful leaves, flowers & flourishes that I suggest  you get hold of a selection so you can mix & match them when tucking them into your floral clusters, as I have done this month.


Making Mixed Media cards can be messy so I worked on all 3 at the 
same time to get the most out of my dirty stencils & spatula!


For my 2nd card I used the Dandelions.  They come in a set of 3 & I used just 2 of them.
They are really an IN design at the moment & I love how they look.  I embossed mine
with green embossing powder which I then sponged over with gesso to highlight.


I always use either hot glue {which is very strong & effective but takes control & practice to apply) or Tombow Mono Adhesive (the little white bottle with the green writing) which is a great glue for small items.  It dries clear & is really strong but fast setting so no mistakes!


For my last card I used a heart from the Ornate Heart Set (of 2).
I've used these hearts quite often as I'm crazy about heart symbols
(I have them all over my house!) & these ones are lovely. 
 I embossed this one with a greeny bronze embossing powder.


If you enjoy the mixed media look & want to try it out for yourself you need to start 
adding some extra texture to your projects.  This can be easily achieved by using
 thread (that you just unspool & drop onto your layout/card/etc in a creative bundle!)


 Then use chipboard to ''anchor" it by gluing it on top of it, or, even easier 
& prettier I think, use gauze.  It is so inexpensive & you can buy it in 
pre-cut squares at the pharmacy.  It also mists up really easily 
using your spray mist & water spray to blend & dilute.  


Now onto my final project. 
 It's one I created back in
 February & you can see more of it on my blog HERE.  


I used a combination of 2Crafty swirls & corners to create my photo & cluster mat 
for this layout & gesso dabbed the chipboard only before glazing it for a shiny finish. 

 As this page was about my Daughter's obsession with Penguins I kept the colour
 palette cool & wintery.  Thanks for looking at my creations today - I hope that I 
inspired you in some way to create using 2Crafty Chipboard! 
 HELEN 
  
  And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au
 


Photobucket




9 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!!! All of these projects are over the top gorgeous Helen!! From your delightful canvas to those amazing cards and then that stunning layout!! Don't know how you do it but you do it so very well!! Absolutely divine!! ox

Di Garling said...

BEAUTIFUL post Helen, love them all. You certainly are versatile this month with a canvas , WOW WOW WOW, the cards are fabulous & the layout is totally STUNNING. Love them all. Cheers Di

Lynette Jacobs said...

Beautiful projects in true arty Helen Tilbury style.

stéphanie Papin said...

fabulous works Helen ! particulary the third, i love really this one !

Belle à cropper said...

OMG !! everything is so beautiful, wish I could do cards like that !!

Flutterby Designs said...

So many beautiful layers!!

Ebony van der Starre said...

These are all so fantastic!! Love the last layout !

Stacey Young said...

Beautiful creations Helen! I love the Dandelion, a piece I must get my hands on :)

Helen Tilbury said...

Oh thank you SO MUCH ladies for all the kind words!