Monday, June 9, 2014

Sarah Groen's June Post

Hello 2Crafty fans.
 I can hardly believe that it is already June, and my turn to share some crafty inspiration
 with you all. This year is absolutely rocketing by! All the more reason to get those precious,
 fleeting memories safely recorded in our scrapbooks!
 
My first page depicts an everyday event in our family - baking together. Sophie and Benji
 love to 'help' make cakes and of course to lick the beaters and scrape out the bowl afterwards.  
 
I created my background by spraying various shades of yellow/orange inks onto a sheet
 of baking paper. Add a few sprays of water to get the inks to blend together then simply
 press the background cardstock onto the baking paper to transfer the colour.
  I added strips of black and white patterned paper and washi tape to ground my photo an built
 up the page using chipboard pieces, stamps and stickers.
 Here is a list of the 2crafty chipboard
 that I used on this page:
  • Clock face frame
  • Chevron bits
  • Assorted Arrows
  • Circle panel
  • ATC Tiny Hearts and Stars

I painted the circle strip cut from the circular panel with black distress paint. I wanted the
 clock face frame to draw the eye to the photo so I coloured it gold using gold rub-on paste.
 I gave the same treatment to the chevron bits and the tiny-heart in my title to make a visual
 triangle of gold around my focal point (the photo).

 
I added a few arrows from the assorted arrows which I painted with distress paint and
outlined using a gel pen. I added an acrylic word 'Always' and some mini-alphas to spell
out my title then journalled around the clock frame with a gel pen to complete my page.

 

My second page features photos from my son Adams 20th birthday a couple of weeks ago.
 I had a lot of fun inking, splattering and masking the background. I used a heat embossing
 resist technique to emboss the white stars onto the yellow strip of patterned paper. I sprayed
 over the stars with yellow spray ink which dyed the paper but was easily wiped from the
embossed stars leaving them white. 
I used the following chipboard pieces on this page:
  • Year in summary
  • Chevron Bits
  • Polaroid frame
  • ATC tiny stars and hearts
  • 2014 date

The 'Year in Summary' piece was perfect for this theme. I painted it with black acrylic
 paint and coated it with dimensional magic for a glossy finish.


I love the polaroid frames. Not only are they perfect to highlight a special photo
 but they also look great framing journaling or  a sentiment, as in this case. I painted
 the frame white, inked the edges and adheres a brush script word 'love'.
 It is easy to make your own brush script words. I simply painted the word on white cardstock
 using Indian Ink and a round paint brush then cut it out and adhered it to my frame.


The date piece is a practical and fun way to record the date of the page - and every page needs
 a date doesn't it?
A sprinkling of tiny stars and some handwritten journaling completed the page.


My final page will be familiar to those of you who are CSI fans or who visit my blog.
It is my DT page for the current CSI challenge. I took the photos with my phone as Benji
 was leaving school with his 'motor boat' creation (cracker box) attached to a long string
being tugged along behind him - just too cute!


The chipboard pieces on this page include:
  • 'Wonderful' loopy word title
  • Chicken wire panel
  • Scallop banners
  • light bulb



The scallop banner makes a great feature piece for the corner of my photo cluster. I painted
 the pennants white then cut patterned paper triangles to adhere to them. I finished off the banner
 with some bakers twine.


I incorporated the loopy word 'wonderful' into my title. I used blue embossing powder and
 heat embossing for a glossy, bright finish.




The cute little light bulb piece adds interest to my journaling cluster  and I cut a small piece of the chicken wire panel to add a little dimension to my photo mat.

Thats all from me this month. Hope I have inspired you a little to get creating and to try out some of 2Crafty's gorgeous embellishments!

Sarah xx
Photobucket