Monday, May 19, 2014

Guest Designer - Ebony van der Starre



Hi everyone, today I have a bright & happy layout to share.....

"Happy"


I love these loopy font titles and the "Happy" one was 
perfect for this older photo of my two children. 
I firstly painted this piece with lime green paint but
wasn't happy with the colour, so I grabbed
my key lime Faber Castell Gelato and went over it with that.

TIP: Gelatos can be hard to draw over so I waited til it had dried out a 
little and used a pilot permaball pen to doodle over
it to highlight.



Another favourite piece of mine are these "Circles" that come 
with various sizes and thickness. I like to 
leave mine in their raw form here but these are so versatile! 
A must have piece in your stash. 
When you have popped all these circles out
the leftover piece makes an AWESOME mask or stencil,
as do many of the 2 Crafty pieces.
My paintwork is actually created with the base or left over
piece of yet another 2Crafty piece, the chevron bits!  

The last product I used is also a big go to product 
of mine. That is the 'Assorted Arrows Pack'. I have just used
a black paint dabber to paint these and I cut off the ends.



My background is just finished off with some Heidi Swapp and Prima
stamps as well as always some machine stitching. 


 
Photobucket

8 comments:

Di Garling said...

Fab layout Eb, love your use of all those circles and the happy title just looks perfect on your layout. Love it.
Cheers D i

Janice Nicholls said...

Bold and Artsy....Fabulous layout Ebony!

Margaret Mifsud said...

Fantastic page Ebony love the bright colour offset by the black ... awesome!! ox

Margaret Mifsud said...

Fantastic page Ebony love the bright colour offset by the black ... awesome!! ox

Helen Tilbury said...

Love this page! It sure is very funky!!

Nicole Doiron said...

This is a masterpiece!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Awesome funky fresh layout! I love your style, Ebony! :D

Lindy Gillespie said...

Wow Eb! your so creative..great work.