Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March Inspiration with Janice Nicholls

 Hello Everyone!
Janice here with you today to share my latest projects
 all featuring some gorgeous 2Crafty Chipboard.
The best thing about chipboard is its versatility.
My shares today include a  pretty girls page, a grungy boys page and a vintage page.

Happy
 I started with some beautiful Pink Paislee paper and added lots of  gorgeous
 2Crafty chippie.
"Tiny Leaf Stems"
"Mixed Buttons"
"Friendship mimi words-Happy"
"Doily Border"
"Plain Triangles"
"ATC Butterflies"


I covered each "Plain Triangle" with patterned paper, and then using embroidery thread
I joined them all together and formed the hexagon shape.

 I added texture paste to the "Tiny Leaf Stems"
 with my fingertips,  once dry I coloured them with inks.

The  "Mixed Button" was covered the same way and then sewn with  
embroidery thread leaving lots of long wispy threads.


Lots and lots of layers. I have used pop up dots to add dimension.


Two more of the "Plain Triangles" covered in patterned paper
and sewn together with embroidery thread.

This formed the base for my title  "Happy" from the "Friendship mini Words".
"Happy" was coated in texture paste and coloured with Cinnamon versa colour ink.


 Don't ever discard any of your chippie off cuts,
this little left over "Doily Border" piece was just perfect, and fitted in here so well.
It was covered with texture paste and coloured with Cinnamon versa colour ink.


These little "ATC Butterflies" are just Gorgeous. I have added 3 to my page,
 all have been covered with texture paste and inked with different coloured inks.


You

I loved this grungy look Kaisercraft paper.
I had  fun creating this page, adding lots of inks and mists to alter the chippie pieces.

"you loopy font"
"2013's"
"Gears"


 I love these loopy font words that 2Crafty have. Just perfect for your page title.
"you"- I inked this with cyan versa colour ink.
I used the "negative piece" from the "Gears" and coloured it the same way as
 the "Gears" and used it as a mat under my photo.


 The "Gears" and "2013" date were all covered with a light coat of gesso, then covered
 with Tim Holtz Distress Inks, Mr Huey's Mists and Tattered Angels Glimmermists
 and dried with a heat gun.
I inked up a grungy Kaisercraft stamp with Black ink and stamped randomly over all the pieces.


 The "Gears", showing all the different colours and patterns.
 
 Today

A vintage layout I created for the Scrap 365-4 over at CSI.
Mum and Dad didn't have many photos taken on their wedding day, so I treasure
 this memory captured of them on their special day.

The beautiful 2Crafty chippie pieces I have used here are
"today loopy font"
"Doily Border"
"Flourish Adornment Set 4 x 2

Case File No S365-4


 I joined two of the "Flourish Adornment" pieces together to form a heart.
I randomly inked each piece with Pinecone Ink.


 The heart shape around their Hands.


 I added  some misted gauze, cotton,leaves and blooms to the "Flourish Adornment" piece.

 A piece of the "Doily Border" inked with Pinecone ink. 


 Another gorgeous loopy font word-"today", covered with texture paste and inked.
Another little  piece of the "Doily Border", inked and cut to  fit..
Thanks so much for stopping by the 2Crafty blog today and looking at my projects.
I hope I have inspired you to get some 2Crafty onto your projects too.
Janice xx


Photobucket