Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Celebrating December by Nicole Doiron

I have to be honest, I don't like Winter much, or the snow, or the cold... But the Winter
 season sure makes for gorgeous creativity: stunning snowflakes, glistening Christmas trees,
and festive colors all around.

My DT Reveal for 2Crafty Chipboard this month is all about the scrapbooking joys of December!

Yesteryears
 
This layout was inspired by the November challenge at Once Upon A Sketch (sketch
 and journalling prompt 'My Happy Place') as well as the November White... with 1 challenge
 whose requirement was to use only the color white complemented by 'blueberry'.

 
  This layout is very wintery, complete with snow flakes and snow-covered trees, starting
off with the title Yesteryears, painted white and covered with glitter (which doesn't really
 show on the picture, unfortunately).

 
Here you see the beautiful Fine Snowflakes and Pointy Snowflakes.
Brushstroke Trees, Flourish Adornment Set 5, Maggie's Swirl,  and Journalling Frames
 
 
I added some SnowTex on the Brushstroke Trees with many layers of white paint. To give it more of a wintery, windy feel, I added the Flourish Adornment Set 5 and Maggie's Swirl around the snowflake cluster.  One Journalling Frame was cut in 2, each piece tucked under the paper for added layering.
 
 
The background was done using a piece of corrugated cardboard painted white and
 dabbed with Luminarte Silk Glaze.

 
The entire layout was dabbed with white paint, snow dust all over. :)
 
You can see more details on this layout right HERE.

For my other 2 shares, I decided to stick with the traditional Christmas colors of red,
gold and green.
 
Merry Christmas Card
 

The focal piece of the card is the pretty Christmas Bauble whose back layer I treated
 with gesso, glimmer mists, acrylic paint and silk glaze.

 
The overlay was covered with gold Perfect Pearls and then dabbed with ivory acrylic paint.

 
These Holly Leaves are a great buy; you get 12 in a pack of assorted sizes.

 
And to give my card a little fancy edge, I added half of a Tiny Kathleen's Frame.
 
Now, for my final share... a double-page layout:
 
Merry & Bright
 

There are so many elements that I love on this page, starting of course with the pictures
 of sweet, sweet Sugar the cat during her first Christmas with our family.

 
I love the effect of the gold Perfect Pearls and ivory paint on the card so much that I used
 it again on half of the chipboard on this page, including the Merry & Bright title.
  I accentuated the gold with some red by covering a piece of the Pointy Flower Vine
 with SnowTex and then painted it red with dabs of ivory paint.

 
What I love about chipboard is that even though every piece is awesome in its entirety,
 you can cut them and add them piece by piece to adorn your page exactly as you need. 
This is what I did with the Flourish Ornament Border, cutting it in 3... here,


 
here 


 
 and here, along with another piece of the Pointy Flower Vine.

 
 
 As you can see, I made good use of the Holly Leaves on my layout too.

 
 
 To remember the moment, I used the word Christmas from the Merry Christmas Card Pack
 as well as a 2013 adhered on top of the other half of the Tiny Kathleen's Frame as used on my card.

 
 And one last close-up shot with beautiful Sugar and I wishing you the best December
 and Holiday season ever, filled with lots of happiness and love.
 I hope you will visit my blog, Scrap-Utopia, if you like what you see and want to see more.
Photobucket