Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November Inspiration
Three Layouts to Share
By Di Garling


"Cherish"

Hello there 2 Crafty fans. I have three layouts to share with you today, starting of with this little
blue one. For those of you that know me well, you will know that I don't "do blue".
Aqua yes but blue never. So I challenged myself to step out of my comfort zone.

As the main feature on this layout I have used some of the NEW release chippie pieces
starting of with this magnificent "Circular Leafy Frame". I adore this piece.
I have cut the side off of the circle as if it were hanging over the edge of the page.


I have also used one of their NEW titles "Cherish".
 This is my all time favourite font.


At the top of my circular frame I have also added a piece of foliage
from another NEW pack, the "Leafy Shrub Set 2".
This NEW foliage is just gorgeous, so delicate & pretty.


All of the chipboard on this layout was firstly given a light coat of gesso.
The title was then just given a spray of Glimmermist.
The  "Circular Leafy Frame" & the foliage from the "Leafy Shrub Set 2"
were then given a coat of a crackle gel medium. When this was dry I then
 finished off with a spray of Glimmermist.


This beautiful white bloom, roses, rosebuds, leaves & lace are all  from Green Tara.


"Beautiful"

For my second layout today I have continued with lots of background treatments &
as I often do, when I use bright coloured & busy backgrounds I like to
balance it with plain black chipboard. I think it makes a great contrast
that really highlights the chippies to their full potential.


I have started off  by using another of the NEW titles, "Beautiful-Loopy Font".


Next I have used yet another of the NEW release pieces. This time I have used a couple
of the pieces from the "Leafy Shrub Set 1". My goodnes you are going to get sick 
of seeing these as I just know I am going to put them on everything, & why not,
they are just DEVINE. So fine & delicate & not to mention beautiful.


I have also tucked in a couple of "Gears" and also a couple of the "Giant Gears".
These both come in a multi pack so you have lots to play with.


I have finished of with lots of beautiful flowers including a selection  from Green Tara.


"Sweet Girl"

Some of you may have seen this layout a little while back as it was part of my 
DT work for Green Tara. I have naturally used lots of great 2 Crafty
chipboard, including.....


This stunning "Madelines Flourish Frame" which I have simply painted black & popped it
in underneath my cluster & bow. It is actually a frame but in this case I wanted to take
advantage of the lovely flourish pieces. 2crafty make so many beautiful flourishes.


I also used "Scalloped Circle Border Frames Set",  a couple of their 
"Mini Words" for my title & down in the bottom left corner I have
added a "Funky Heart" from another of their multi packs.
Well thats all from me until next month. I hope I have inspired you
in some small way to perhaps get hold of some of these
fabulous NEW release pieces from 2 Crafty chipboard.
Until next time


Photobucket

10 comments:

Elena Olinevich said...

Totally recognizable creations, Di. You are the queen of Blue and bright pink
and love fall colors in your last LO too

Vanessa said...

Stunning projects again Di, love all 3, but the first is a new fav, my colour blue and just love what you did with the new pieces. Great job.

Helen Wallace said...

All three are Instantly recognisable as your bright and classy style...You did a great job with your non preferred colour. :)

Heather Jacob said...

breathtaking work Di, swoon x

Chantalle said...

Di, these are super fabulous!! Your textures against those vibrant colours are stunning x

Jan Rankine said...

Awesome post Di - love your backgrounds and bright colours.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Super stunning work! Love them all, especially the blue one! Wow!!!

Janice Nicholls said...

Absolutely Gorgeous creations Di.
Your combination of colour and chippie is brilliant. Thanks for your inspiration. xx

Di Garling said...

Thanks for all the love girls, so glad you like these layouts. Big hugz. Cheers Di xo

Sarah said...

gorgeous, as always Di. Your pages take my breath away!