Friday, October 25, 2013

Elena's Shares for October

Hello 2Crafty friends . It is my turn to share some  projects for October 
and I am thrilled to start with the Layout I made for
 Scrap Around The World blog.
You might have already heard that 2Crafty is sponsoring this 
challenge this month so I highly recommend you to play with us as
 you have a chance to win an awesome assortment of chipboard
 from 2Crafty.
This is what I have done for them
 
I tried to follow the sketch and color palette, and found inspiration
 from one of the images with flowers and lace.
 
 
The main focus of my LO ( except for the photo), this beautiful 
Harbour Bridge which I primed with Gesso, and colored with
 acrylic paints and chalk inks.
 

My new favorites are Indian Feather's Set,
 I colored this with chalk inks and mists, and applied Stickles
 for more dimensional look.


Edgar Swirl was primed , 
then I adhered it to the background and started applying acrylic paints
 on the top so they can easily flow into the background as well.
 Also I added some Glimmer Glaze in red.


One of the beautiful Flourish Adornment Set 4
was colored in the same way too.


My second project is an notebook cover
I made for a special friend.

I started with a Fun & Fancy Border
and just primed it with gesso and pull the fabric through it.

To add a more vintage look 
I added Esther Name Plate and placed my sentiment into it.
I covered it with mists and Dimensional Sorbet

and the pretty embellishment is 
which I colored with Dimensional Sorbet too
and added a ribbon bow 


 My last share for this month
is a layout I made for 7Dots Studio blog

I have already told you, that all those new feathers released previously
are my favorites. So this time I used Soft Feathers Set

I just covered them slightly with gesso, stamped on them and inked 
the edges with dark blue chalk ink


I tied one feather with a string and a frame.


Hope you liked my creations this time.
And you are welcome to visit and subscribe on my YouTube Channel 
where I share more techniques on chipboard too.
 
Photobucket

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Elena your projects leave me speechless! They are stunning. I especially love the stamped chippie feathers!

Di Garling said...

As always Elena, three SENSATIONAL projects. Such great use of all the chippies too. Beautiful technique. Cheers Di. Xo

Nicole Doiron said...

Stunning creations!

Stampabit said...

Gorgeous work Elena, love them all!!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful work Elena, love all 3 projects and that Journal is breathtaking - great job.

Lindy Gillespie said...

Gorgeous projects Elena!!! especially love the journal - great use of the chipboard.

Emma Stafrace said...

Oh wow Elena, I bet Eila was blown away by that stunning page you did of her! they are all incredible artworks amazing!