Monday, August 19, 2013

August Inspiration- By Keren Tamir


"Happy Times"

The 2 Crafty team is guest designing for CSI this month. Come visit the CSI site every friday this month to see some inspiration from the 2 Crafty DT
This layout was created for CSI #84


We recently went to fly kites downtown by the lake. It was a gorgeous day and of course the kids enjoyed running down the beach with their kite. This is one of the pictures I took. There's more of them coming up in the next few weeks as I've really enjoyed scrapping them. I used the title "Happy Times" because that's what they were. The title Happy is part of the 2 Crafty Birthday Sentiments set.
I also used the fob watch from 2 Crafty which was simply inked in green and brown chalk ink.


I couldn't create this layout without thinking of the Mary Poppins song "Let's go fly a kite." I kept on singing it in my head over and over again, so I knew I had to include the lyrics on the layout. I wrote down the chorus from the song and then cut down the strips to include as journaling.

"Lets go fly a kite, up to the highest height. Lets go fly a kit and send it soaring..."

I bet you its stuck in your head now too, lol.


I used two other 2 Crafty chipboard pieces: the Chevrons which I stamped in green ink using a honeycomb stamp and the Swirly Leaf flourish which I embossed and then inked.


<<<<<>>>>>


"You are my home"

This layout was created for CSI #85



I used lots of 13 Arts Mixed Media to create this layout. I framed the photo in the Zany Frame which I painted in 13 Arts yellow paint and then stamped with brown archival ink from Ranger using a Glitz Designs stamp.



To create the flourish garden on top, I used one Angie's Vine for the center  which I painted in 13 Arts Turquoise paint  and two Flourish Adornments from Set 5 which I painted in 13 Arts Salmon paint.


<<<<<>>>>>


"Grow"




I really enjoyed decorating the chipboard pieces on this layout.  I love creating magical gardens around my photos and this is what I did for this layout of my daughter walking in the tall marsh.


All the 2 Crafty chipboard pieces like the Ornate Screen above, were treated the same way. First they were Primed in Gesso. Then they were sprayed in a mixture of 13 Arts Sprays: Pearl Yellow and Pearl Olive green. 


Once the ink was dry, I applied 13 Arts Gel medium to the edges of the Thistle Shrub and the dandelions . Then I threw some 13 Arts Micro Glass bead powder on top of the gel medium and let it dry.


I really love how the shrubs came out. The micro-beads gave the shrubs a 3D look.



Well, I hope you enjoyed my creations as much as I loved making them.

Come visit us on our 2 Crafty Facebook page.

If you want to see more of my work come visit me here on my blog.


Have a wonderful Day!!
Keren


Photobucket

11 comments:

Lolô Artesanato said...

Gorgeous projects Dear Keren
xx
Leila

Lindy Gillespie said...

Gorgeous layouts, love all the treatments on the chippies especially the last one ..xo

Vanessa said...

Stunning projects Keren, love the choices of chippie and great CSI projects too.

Heather Jacob said...

wow Keren , these are so delightful , yummo xoxo

Di Garling said...

OMG Keren, just when you think you couldn't possibly get any better, you do. Love all of these layouts but I particularly LOOOOOOVE the treatment on the Thistle Bushes on the last one. Magnificent post. Cheers Di xo

Sarah said...

Fantastic projects - as always, Keren :)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Gorgeous layouts Keren. Love them all but I think the last one is my fave. Gorgeous colours and beautiful designs. Magic!! ox

Jan Rankine said...

Beautiful layouts Keren - the third one is my favourite.

Nicole Doiron said...

Keren, your layouts always make me happy! :)

Keren Tamir said...

AWWWW!!! thank you so much lovely ladies!!

Chantal Vandenberg said...

How lovely!!! Now I've got that song in my head! Love that movie! :D
xo