Monday, August 12, 2013

August Inspiration
By Di Garling


"Lifes Good"


Hello  everyone & welcome to the 2 Crafty blog.
For the month of August, 2 Crafty is sponsoring the CSI challenge blog
& all the 2 Crafty design team girls have been participating.
This is my layout I did for their last challenge & naturally I
have used lots of yummy 2 Crafty chipboard.

This was the challenge brief .....

 
(click picture to enlarge)

There is a colour criteria, the "evidence" criteria is the embellishments etc
& the "testimony" criteria is the journalling etc.


In this pic you can see the "Lifes Good" title which I have simply given a wash of Gesso
 followed with a coat of red Distress Ink. I have also added a "Luggage" set which I
thought added to the whole travel theme. I have also used the "Polaroid Frame" to
highlight my photo.


Here you can see I have used a "World Globe" which is one of the 2 Crafty
NEW releases. Next I have added some "Film Strips" which I have tucked in 
amongst my cluster. These are available in all different sizes, from tiny little ones
up to big sizes as well.


For the "Polaroid Frame" the "Luggage" set & the "World Globe"
I have firstly given them all a wash of Gesso, followed with a 
lick of Pumice Distress Ink. Too easy.


"Dream"


This was my second layout as part of the CSI / 2 Crafty challenge.
This was the brief.....

 
(click on picture to enlarge)



I have used a 2 Crafty "Dream" title, I loooove this font.
I have firstly given it a coat of Gesso followed by a lick of
Distress Ink.


In this pic you can see I have used the 2 Crafty "Palm Trees".
These were treated firstly with Gesso, then Distress Ink & finished
off with some Crackled Accents applied in a random fashion.


Here I have tucked in an "Anchor" which was simply white washed lightly with Gesso.
All of my beautiful flowers & vines are from Green Tara.


In this pic you can see I have used some of the "Tiny Leaf Stems" in my cluster.
These are one of the many 2 Crafty NEW releases. 
Again they were firstly coated with Gesso, followed by some Distress Ink & then 
finished off with some Crackle Accents in a random fashion.


"You"


Some of you may have seen this layout a few weeks ago.
It was part of my reveal for July over on the Green Tara blog.
All of the gorgeous flowers are from Green Tara & all of the fabulous
chipboard is from 2 Crafty.

 

All of the chipboard on this layout were simply painted black with an acrylic paint.
I think just  plain black works really well with lots of bright colours.
Here you can see I have used one of the many 2 Crafty titles, "You".




Here I have tucked in some "Groovy Flowers" in amongst my flowers.
These come several in a pack & are just perfect for tucking in here & there.
I have also added some "Chevrons" too.

 

I have finished off here by tucking in a "2012" date in.

Well that just about does it for me for this month.
I hope I have inspired you in some small way.

Make sure you follow us on FACEBOOK
so you don't miss out on anything.

Until next month.




Photobucket

7 comments:

Jan Rankine said...

These pages are all so totally awesome Di - love them all.

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

WOW, WOW and a WOW!!!

Keren Tamir said...

these creations are just absolutely phenomenal Di!! truly inspirational in every way!!

Elena Olinevich said...

They are the stunners, all 3 of them.
Keren is right, so inspirational.

Chantal Vandenberg said...

These layouts are sensational!!! Awesome work!!!!!!!

Vanessa said...

Fantastic layouts Di, you have blown me away this month, especially love that first one.

Chantalle said...

A joy, Di!