Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Projects for June
By Elena Olinevich

Hi 2Crafty fans! It's my turn to share some  creations using lots
 of 2Crafty chipboard  and I am very happy to show you 3 very
different layout styles today.
 
My First layout is an attempt to scrap baby photos using some
 mixed media techniques and grungy paper.
 
 
I decided to play with contrast and took quite a white photo and
 surround it with some dramatic tones.
I placed my photo into a Frame Tiny Funky & primed it with
Gesso and colored it with Metallic Gelato.
 
 
On the top of it I added Light Bulb which I colored with Paper Crafter Crayons™ 
from Faber Castell. I also  put all these layers on the
Ornate Screen too which was primed and misted with 
Black Dylusions spray.
 

  I added  one of the smaller Clock frames  from the 
12x12 Clock Face Frame set, which I have also colored with Gelatos.
 
 
I have  added the beautiful Floral Branch which was colored with 
gel medium mixed with Luminarte pigments.
 


"Favourite"
 
For my second layout I used lighter colors and 2 bright photos, 
which gives a totally different feel to the layout.
 
 
I made a cluster through the centre of my Layout using 
 Frame Celia's Flourish 
which has been misted with Glimmer mist.
 
 
I added the Sybill's Name Plate, which I have covered with gesso
 and sponged with Lindy's Starburst, then inked the edges with chalk ink.
 
 
To pop up the Prima flowers I placed them on Flower Medallions,
 which I embossed with Lindy's embossing powder.
 
 
 You can watch the shimmering color, different depending on the light.
 

 I really love the brand new "Word Titles",  I used 
misted and then covered with Glimmer glaze.



 Finally my third Layout, which I made as  Guest Designer  for
Faber - Castell Design Memory Craft.

This is my Mom, and the photo was taken almost 40 years ago.


For the background, I have done some drawings and colored them
 and the Mini Fob Watches with Gelatos and Gesso


 The same technique was used on Fay's Flourish.


I hope you have enjoyed my creations for this month.

Remember to visit us on FACEBOOK, there is
something NEW to see everyday.

Elena xxx

Photobucket

13 comments:

Evgenia Petzer said...

Lena, projects ae totally stunning!

Romanova Julia said...

Fabulous LOs!!! Great colour combo and mixed-media work!!! Браво!

Vanessa said...

Elena, such stunning work, love them all but your mother's photo is something special - thanks for sharing. Fantastic work - Love it!

Di Garling said...

Totally agree with the others, all projects are stunning but the one of your mother is fabulous. Love that photo but I also love the way you have drawn your own background & then coloured it. Brilliant piece of art. Cheers Di xo

Heather Jacob said...

breathtaking x

Heather Jacob said...

breathtaking x

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Gorgeous work!! :D

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow Elena, these layout are just amazing. Your backgrounds are fabulous and colour combos stunning. I love them all but the one of your mother is really special. Beautifully done. ox

Jan Rankine said...

Beautiful beautiful work Elena

Sarah said...

Stunning pages Elena, your use of 2crafty chipboard is amazing as are your backgrounds.

Chantalle said...

Wow - incredibly detailed! And you look so like your Mother.

Keren Tamir said...

Gorgeous projects!!

Lindy Gillespie said...

Awesome work Elena!just love them all xo