Saturday, May 4, 2013

My First Reveal by Nicole Doiron

 
 
 I never thought this day would come!  Finally, it's time for my very first
 DT reveal on the 2Crafty Chipboard blog. I am beyond excited 
to be part of this team with so many talented ladies and to be able to
 create with an amazing array of chipboard products.  I had so much fun
 these last couple months, sorting through my fat pack of 2Crafty Chipboard 
and creating these 3 brand new, never before seen, projects!
 
2 of Us
 
This layout is my favorite of the three so I thought I'd share it first.
 The gorgeous papers are from Maja Designs.  I used a hexagon
 mask and embossing paste to create the textured background 
and added a lot of flowers and bling for dimension.
 

 I distressed all the chipboard in this layout, like the
 Just the 2 of Us title shown here, using the same technique of
unevenly dabbing each piece with different color distress inks
to give it a marbled effect.


 With white gesso, a little purple Smooch paint and some textured paste,
I made the little flowers of the Corner Flower Vines match the
different flower clusters all around the page.


 I LOVE everything doily-related and this Doily Border is certainly
no exception.  It is one of my favorite pieces of the entire 2Crafty variety.
 I find it looks gorgeous against the painted corrugated cardboard
strip at the bottom of my layout.


 I cut my 2nd piece of Corner Flower Vines using only the longer side
 and saving the leftover piece for another project.

A Mother is a Special Kind of Friend


They say that everything that glitters is not gold...  well,
it sure IS on this layout! :)  When I first started creating this page,
I had no intention of putting any gold tint on it whatsoever - it was
going to be all browns and black.  Little did I know what my
scrapbooking Muse had in mind!


It all started with these Corner Whispy Vines, and whispy they sure are!
 For the first time, I decided to experiment with microbeads.
 After putting a thick coat of brown acrylic paint on my chipboard,
I added a little glaze and then sprinkled some brown beads on top.
After the chipboard was dry, I wanted to make the beads stand out more so
 I started by dabbing just a little gold Perfect Pearls here and there.
 And that's when my Muse took over and went GOLD crazy!


 I then added more gold to the chipboard, the flowers, the doilies, the pearls, etc...


 Even these Cutesy Dragonflies were covered in gold,
as well as their stitched swirly paths.


 I used the same hexagon mask on the background of this layout
as on my previous one, this time with black crackle paint.
The Round Flourish Frame was cut in 2 pieces and covered with
distress ink, then dabbed with brown and gold chalk.

I love my MOM!  I can honestly say that she is my best friend so the title,
 A Mother is a Special Kind of Friend
 (which was also covered in microbeads and gold Perfect Pearls)
was a perfect fit for this beautiful picture of her & I !  :)

BirdSong Wall Plaque


My final project this month is an altered wooden plaque that I bought
at my local Dollar Store and embellished with beautiful Carta Bella paper
 flowers, bling and of course 2Crafty Chipboard.


This quote was great inspiration for this project.
 Being a very logical person, I tend to always search for a reason
behind everything in life.  Sometimes, it's just easier to just go with the flow...


The Birdcage 4 was exactly the chipboard piece I needed to create this plaque.
 I simply covered it with white crackle paint and then dabbed it with
Spun Sugar and Scattered Straw distress inks.


Remember the Corner Flower Vine that I cut and used a piece on my
'2 of Us' layout?  Well, here is the leftover piece which was just the
 perfect size and shape for this project. I used the same crackle paint
and inks treatment as with the bird cage.


I adore the 'mesh' look on any of my layouts and altered projects.
As soon as I saw the Fencing Wire Panel in the 2Crafty Stocklist, I knew
that I had to have it!  I used just a little piece on here and
saved the rest for later use.


Birdcage 4 comes with a cute little chipboard birdie.
 I covered it with gesso, followed by Deco-Art Snow-tex and
 then added a little pearl for the eye.

I hope that I was able to inspire you today and that
you will come visit my blog at 
to see more of my creations using 2Crafty!

Remember to pay us a visit on FACEBOOK too
so you don't miss anything. It is updated daily.
Nicole  :)

Photobucket