Friday, April 19, 2013

April Reveal and a Video by Keren Tamir

"Dream Big"


This is my first reveal this month for 2 Crafty. I got inspired by the Prima BAP for April and a challenge at Shimmerz paint's blog.

I used some 2 Crafty circles to add some layers to the background paper. I covered them with blue and green Shimmerz: Sea foam, bamboo leaf and olive branch. I let the leftover ink drip onto the page.


I used the new 2 Crafty lavender shrubs to add dimension and direction to the layout. I also covered them in blue and green Shimmerz: Sea foam, bamboo leaf and olive branch.


Finally I used the Dream Big title from 2 Crafty. I inked it with turquoise and green chalk ink. I tried to blend the two colors together.


I complimented the colors with some coral hues from these beautiful Prima flowers. 

Products
Papers: Prima
Flowers: Prima
Chipboard: 2 Crafty
gesso, cheesecloth
Shimmerz: Sea foam, bamboo leaf, olive branch
Resins: Prima



Love
Shadow Box Frame

Here is my second project for  my 2 Crafty reveal.
I also have an instructional video on how to make this shadow box frame (see below)


I used the 2 Crafty 11" Nella Frame for this project as well as the Love title, a clock face frame and 2 vintage clock hands.


For the papers and the flowers I used Prima products.





The hanging metal embellishments are a variety of products and jewelry I had in my stash.



Here is the video on how to make this Shadow box above
Enjoy!!



Finally I want to show you a layout I created earlier this month using a couple of 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces.
The first one is the title Love you and the second one is the Maria Frame

I hope you enjoyed my creations this month 
If you want to see more of my projects please visit me at

Have a fabulous day

Keren


Photobucket

17 comments:

Sandi Smith said...

So very beautiful Keren and I will definitely be back to watch the video!

Helen Tilbury said...

Wonderful creations - looks amazing!

butterfly said...

Such glorious projects - amazing work, as always, Keren - and I'm looking forward to checking out the video, very soon!
Alison x

Vanessa said...

Keren, you have outdone yourself and thanks for the video on the shadow box, makes it a great alternative to a photo and shows how it is not too complicated a project. Thanks for sharing.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

*sigh* these are all soooooooooo gorgeous!! WOW WOW WOW!!!

Nicole Doiron said...

There's a reason (well many reasons) why Keren has been one of my favorite designers for a long time now. FABULOUS artwork Keren!

Lizzyc said...

Absolutely amazing, and so beautiful!

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning project Keren...really love them all! ;-)

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh wow these are delightful!!!

Linda Eggleton said...

Wow, all 3 projects are stunning, Keren. I don't think I could pick a favourite...they are all equally amazing! Loved seeing you at work creating the shadow box...thanks for sharing your techniques with us :)

Di Garling said...

Oh I am speechless Keren, that video you have done is incredible. You have really excelled yourself. Totally gorgeous projects & it was so great to see you at work too. Thank you so much for sharing. Cheers Di xo

jeanie g said...

Your creations are so beautiful Keren. Off to check out the video now. Thanks for showing!

Cindy Keogh said...

All these pieces are just gorgeous!

Jan Rankine said...

Beautiful work Keren

Keren Tamir said...

Oh girls thank you so much!! you make me blush but you made my day!!

Eila Sandberg said...

Always a treat to see you work on a project, thanks a bunch for walking us through the creation of the beautiful shadow box! You're getting to be pro on videos! My absolute fave is the first page, makes me totally breathless! and the second page, goodness! These are all such amazing projects, you're a star Keren! xoxo

lindy Gillespie said...

Gorgeous projects Keren love the video!!