Monday, February 25, 2013

Elena's February Projects

Hello everyone!
 Today I have a couple of  projects I want to share with you
 that I've made for a friend of mine. Her daughter finishes school in May
 and she wanted to collect some of her photos to make an album.
So the first one is called.....
 
**My Sunshine**
 
I used a 2 Crafty title,  My Sunshine,
which I had  left from a  previous project.  I embossed it with two different
 embossing powders, golden and teal, and here it is how it turned out.
 
 I've created  some textures and grunge here on Clock Face Frame.
 
 
I covered Clock Frame Partly with gesso, then applied
 Perfect Medium  using a brush and then embossed it. 
 
 
The same technique was used on Parisian Border.
 
 
Which I cut into two  parts.
 
 
For My second Layout
**Happy Together**
I used candy bright colors and a photo
taken more than 10 years ago.
 
 
I liked the idea with the tree so I used
Flourish X-mas Tree
(who said it can be only be used for  Christmas?)
 
 
 I 've cut it into two parts. I didn't want to loose it, so, I topped one
 branch on top of the photo and the other half I  placed on the other
 side of the photo.
 
 
I gessoed it initially and then applied two tones of acrylic paint
 with a sponge. Next I decorated it with the bling and placed
  flowers under the main part of the tree.
 

The same technique was used on 


Finally my last layout for today,
( I was struggling which one to choose, as I use 
2Crafty on almost everything I do)
I decided to show you the one I made for CSI  #59
featuring a Love theme.


 I painted one with white gesso, the other with black gesso.


I just inked the third one.


A set of Tattered Hearts that have two  in a pack.
The bigger one...


The smaller one...




I hope you liked my projects & different  themes. I do hope that
 perhaps you have discovered some new ways of using
 your paints and powders.
For more CSI projects and more ideas,
you are welcome to visit my blog
eleele-handmade.blogspot.com
Photobucket

16 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love all 3 projects Elena, soft following textures, just gorgeous

Green Tara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Di Garling said...

Great technique tips Elena & I love how you used that swirly Christmas tree in the last layout. Great idea. Love all three. Cheers Di xo

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Beautiful layouts, Elena!!

Keren Tamir said...

Amazing LOs Elena!! Love all the amazing textures as always!!

Marília Lopes said...

Elena Love your work is beautiful as always!!
But the third is my favorite, love the colors you used, and chippies too.
Vanessa Di and all the time ... I miss you guys!!
hugs

Sarah said...

Beautiful work - your textures and layering are stunning!!

lindy Gillespie said...

Beautiful projects Elena!!!love all 3.

Jan Rankine said...

I love them all Elena - great techniques.

Linda Eggleton said...

Beautiful work, Elena...I love the colours, design & chipboard pieces in all 3 of your projects :)

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning, stunning projects! Wow...so very beautiful and so many lovely details! Gorgeous work!

Heather Jacob said...

LOVING ALL YOUR CREATIONS TOTALLY UNIQUE AND ORIGINAL XOXXO

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Gorgeous layouts!! Wow, you give your chipboard such amazing finishes!! xo

Kim Price said...

Wow these are all absolutely amazing projects...wow!

Leonie said...

Wow just gorgeous creations this month Elena. Beautiful colours and textures. :)

Fiona said...

Stunning Elena!!
Fiona
x