Saturday, December 1, 2012

It's starting to feel a lot like Christmas
With Linda Eggleton

Hi there 2crafty fans...welcome to December!
How is everyone going on their organisation for Christmas??
Things aren't going too well here for me...I've only bought 2 presents so far....eeeek!
But I have been working on a few Christmas projects to share with you all today :)
 
But first up is a layout about snow....which I thought was kind of Christmas related...if you live in the northern hemisphere, in a place where it snows...lol
But for those of us who live in the southern hemisphere, it is usually hot hot and even more hot around Christmas time, but I've always dreamt of one day being somewhere in the world for a white Christmas :)
 
So anyways....enough of my babble & on with my December shares...
 
 
"Spring Snow"
{don't forget you can click on any of the images for a larger close up view}
 
 
 For this layout I've used 4 different pieces of 2crafty chipboard 
Ariel's Spray, Victorian Lamp Post, Pointed Snow Flakes & ATC Birdhouse
 
 
 
 For the Ariel's Spray I've firstly coated the piece in Gesso & texture paste....then I've randomly painted the leaves & parts of the stems with some Denim Blue glimmermist, with some Crystalina KindyGlitz added over the top to give a great glittery effect to go along with my snow theme.
 
 
Here is a better close up to see more detail of the technique.
 
 
 
 Here you can see 2 of the Pointed Snow Flakes with the 
same techniques applied as above.
 
 
For the Victorian Lamp Post I first coated it in Gesso then once that was dry, I added a really thick layer of Clear Rock Candy crackle paint...I literally just globbed a heap of it on there.
After it was dry I then painted on some Wheatfields & Blue Denim glimmermists to highlight some of the detail of the lamp post.  I also used the little sign part of the lamp post to add my journaling.
 
 
And lastly....for the little Birdhouse, I simply coated in Gesso then gave it 
a kind of white wash effect by lightly painting on some more of the 
Blue Denim Glimmermist, with the little birdie left in white Gesso.
 
 
Next layout is a Christmas layout....
 
"Christmas 2011" 
 
 
Again, I've used 4 different 2crafty pieces for this one
Merry Christmas Title, Corner Xmas Star Spray,
  Vintage Birds & Every Day Font alphabets/numbers
 
 
The Corner Xmas Star Spray is such a beautiful piece of chipboard & I wanted it to be one of the main features of my layout.  As I usually do...first was a coat of Gesso, then a coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle Paint with some Burnt Red & Scarlet Glimmermists painted on for some added colour.  I then swiped some Gesso here & there with my finger to finish it off....and added a couple of pearls to the centre of the larger stars.
 
 
A closer look at the crackle effect
 
 
For my title, I cut off the "Merry" part of the Merry Christmas Title as it just wasn't fitting in with what my layout was about....so I've only used the "Christmas" part of the title & will no doubt use the "Merry" part on a future project.  For both the Merry Christmas Title & Every Day Font numbers, I've given the standard coat of Gesso, then added a layer of texture paste, making sure I got as much texture as possible, then finished off with my signature painting of Glimmermists - Burnt Red & Wheatfields.
 
 
And the same technique as above was applied to the beautiful Vintage Birds piece that I added to the top of my flower cluster.  I thought he looked a lot like a Christmas Dove & thought he was perfect to add to my layout....He was painted in Wheatfields Glimmermist
 
 
Okie Doke....my last project to share is a couple of Christmas cards...
 

The first card is using one of the Retro Xmas Trees that I coated in Gesso with some added sand.  I then painted it in Honey Dew Mist Glimmermist & then lightly inked in spots with a brown ink to highlight the grains of sand 

The second card is using one of the oh so cute Blitzen Reindeers.  He has been coated in Gesso & texture paste, then painted in Burnt Red Glimmermist with a pearl added for his eye & some finger swipes of Gesso here and there.

Well, that's it for today....I hope you have enjoyed seeing my projects.
If you'd like some more 2crafty inspiration, you are most welcome to visit my BLOG

And don't forget to become a follower of the 2crafty blog over there on the sidebar >>>
and you can also keep up to date with all the latest inspiration on Facebook

Before I go, I'd like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas....stay safe everyone
 & I hope you enjoy this special day with your family & friends <3  xx
 
Linda
 
Photobucket