Sunday, November 4, 2012

Life's Good - Fiona Johnstone

Hello everyone
Hope you are all having a great weekend and getting some time to fit some scrapping in.

My first share today is a layout titled Life's Good, of my gorgeous little boy who will be 7 this week! I have lots of 2Crafty chipboard on this page without making it too busy. The products I've used are the Clock Face FramesLife's Good title, Cute Cogs, Fencing Wire Panel, ATC Clock Faces and a name plate from the Corners and Name Plate set. 


The Clock Face Frames I have inked black, then once they had dried I used a stamp to randomly stamp glue over the piece, then sprinkled clear embossing powder over the top, and heat embossed it. Once it had cooled I rubbed silver ink over the embossed sections. 


The cute cogs (which you can also see in the above photo) and the book plate I have inked in silver, heat embossed and then inked the edges with black ink. 

 
My Life's Good title has been inked in grey then given a coating of clear crackle paint. Once that was dried I used some distress stain and rubbed it in:


I finished the layout off with some Fencing Wire Panel inked in silver.


My next share is Ferris Wheel. I just love this Ferris Wheel Chipboard piece,
 it's so fun and perfect for our pics of us all on the Ferris Wheel in Hong Kong.


It was the first time the kids had been on a Ferris Wheel. I have simply inked the Ferris Wheel in two shades of orange ink and added some fun bling circles:


I've also used the fab Polaroid Frames and used some cute film strip washi tape over them to frame the snapshots of us on the ride. I love how easy washi tape is to cover chipboard, it can create so many different looks on your pieces. 


  Finally I have added a French Lace Border to the bottom of my layout which
 I have inked in charcoal and then added a little more bling.


And my final share for you to today, is this one of my sweet girl, Simply Delightful, that is also my recent DT layout for this months challenge over at  Scrap the Girls. 

I have used the funky Twiggy Branch, covered it with gesso and then lightly dabbed ink on the leaves to give a hint of orange.



Thanks for stopping by the blog!

We hope you will visit us on FACEBOOK too.

Fiona
xx