Sunday, April 15, 2012

Technique Focus by Di Garling
"Sweet"

Hello everyone, today I would like to show you all a few techniques for transforming your plain chipboard pieces into something really nice, with very little effort. For this layout "Sweet" I have used the following 2 Crafty products & a few art supplies.
                                                  1.  "Scalloped Circle Nested Frames"
                                                  2.  "Sybill's Name Plate 
                                                  3.  "ATC Bird House".
On the Scallop frames I have used a great product that is actually a "Sand Texture Gel" from a company called "Galeria" by Windsor & Newton. You can pick this up at an Art Supplies shop. Now all I have done is very roughly, with a big brush,  is just dab it on rather thick. It will give your chipboard a fabulous rough "sandy" & gritty  finish.
When dry I have simply painted it with an Adirondack white paint dabber. Now if you have never used these Airdondach Paint Dabbers, give them a go. No waste, no brushes to wash out as they have a built in foam dauber head that you simply dab onto the chipboard. When you finish just pop the cap on so it doesn't dry out. Too easy.
 Next on my  "Sybill's Frame" I have simply painted it with a gorgeous Metallic paint made by "Folkart".
  The colours are soooo rich & they have a really great metallic shine to them. Here I have simply used an ink "dauber" to dab the paint on with. I always paint chipboard with an ink dauber, never a brush as a brush always leaves brushmarks, where as using a sponge dauber to dab the paint on, you will notice little air bubbles all over but as it dries they evaporate & you are left with a lovely smooth surface.
I then just finished it off with a little mini word that I had simply painted white.
Lastly on my layout I just added one of these cute little "Bird Houses" in at the side of my cluster on the righthand side of my page. I have just left this raw. I do still love a little raw chipboard as well.
A few close ups so you can see the details.
Thanks so much for stoppin by, I hope I have given you some  ideas for transforming your beautiful 2 Crafty chipboard. Until next time.
Cheers Di  xo