Thursday, April 19, 2012

Nat's Cards

Hi everyone

My turn to share some creative goodness using our favourite chipboard! One of the many things I love to do is make cards .... and 2 Crafty have some perfect chipboard embellishments to adorn them with!




My first card uses one of 2 Crafty's newest pieces - called Eloise's Frame, which I would say is my favourite piece from the latest release. To turn the piece into something really beautiful and perfect for this card, I first painted it with white gesso. I then inked a script stamp with VersaFine ink in Sepia and stamped over the chipboard piece. Using Blue China as my choice of colour I then covered the piece with the Tim Holtz distress stains and as my final step I added a coat of champagne Glimmer Glaze. This gives it a shiny and very subtle glimmery finish.



My next card features a whole pack of the Folk Hearts. Using the Sunkiss range from Prima (also used in the first card) I covered all of the hearts by glueing the paper to the front of the heart and trimming around the edges with scissors. I like to sand the edges next for a really neat finish and I then use a small paint brush to paint the raw chipboard edges with white gesso. My final step was to give all of the hearts 2 coats of the champagne Glimmer Glaze. Once they were dry and glued them to my card, layering some on top of others and adding one of the baby ones on the bottom corner on the inside of the card, for an extra special touch!



My final card features the ATC Flourishes, which a so versatile and the perfect size not just for ATC's but for cards as well. I use them over and over again!

Colouring these was SO simple - I just gave the raw chipboard a coat of white paint to start with and once that was dry, I inked right over the top with a Prima Fluid Chalk ink pad in yellow. That was it! So quick and easy and the perfect embellishment for a card, don't you think?

I hope I have inspired you to grab out your stash of 2 Crafty chipboard and make some cards .... and better still send them off to someone special!

Happy creating,
Natalie W