Thursday, March 15, 2012

Happy Birthday - Technique Focus - Fiona

Hello everyone

It is my turn this month to share a technique with you all. One of the things I love most about using chipboard is that there are so many ways you can alter it, or you can leave it plain or you can even use it as a mask! 

Masks are very popular at the moment, but what if you can't find exactly what you are looking for to compliment your layout? Just grab some of your 2crafty chipboard and you have something you can use as a mask and as an embellishment aswell.

I have used the cute little Gears chipboard set. The beauty of using the chipboard is you can lay out your pieces onto your cardstock or patterned paper wherever you want the masked pattern to go:


Once you are happy with your design, grab your mist and do a few sprays to completely cover the chipboard pieces.


Wait a few minutes to let it dry and then you have your own masked pattern:



And the finished layout, on which I have also used the gears as an embellishment, I have just inked them in a slightly darker coloured ink and added some patterned paper behind them for a pop of colour.


I hope I have inspired you to try something different with your chipboard.

Fiona
x