Friday, March 11, 2011

Oh so precious - Kerryn

Gotta love Fridays and especially for us down here in SA as we head into a long weekend.

Well I promised I was going to go a little bit girlie with my next post and I think I have managed to pull it off. I won't say it was easy, but there is definitely a little secret pink hidden in this boy scrapper. Having 2 new baby girl additions to our big family over the past 9 months, I really don't have any excuses.

So to get started on my chipboard, I primed all of the pieces with white gesso. It is really worth the extra layer to give your paints or inks a more solid/richer colour. Once dry, I started inking, making sure I blended as I went. First my pair of Corner Arches and then onto my Fairy.
I find my finger is the best tool to blend with on smaller chipboard pieces. I've doodled in brown and gold pens to add some highlights, then gave them a little sparkle with stickles glitter glue and the finishing touch was glossy accents to all of the fairy and parts of the arches.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The Chunky Heart has been covered with a generous amount of liquid pearls and then I have used the nozzle to create the swirls.

Photobucket

You might notice I became a little obsessed with the cutting out part of the page LOL!! But I do love doing it, very therapeutic.

So here is the finished page, lots of pink, flowers and a bit of bling!!

Photobucket